Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Starting with a blank slate...

Old 07-25-2012, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it went pretty well, I learned quite a bit this time around. Here's one of my best runs before my camera ran out of batteries because I left it recording between runs. I took the last turn a little ambitiously and paid a second or two for it, but other than that no major mistakes. Could still give the car way more gas and trust it to hold in the turns. Didn't push it hard enough. Next time

The S who came in 2 cars after me is actually our class leader. I rode with with him for a run, ridiculously fast. I was pretty sure there was no way in hell we were going to make 90% of the turns at the speeds he was going, but he kept control no problem.

Things to work on:
*looking ahead
*braking and gassing earlier

Critique is more than welcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFTut758L_w
Old 07-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Cool camera mount! Glad you are keeping this relatively stock for now and using the car for what it is made for. Keep us updated with videos from your autocross and track days.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:53 PM

Some updates Haven't run into any problems installing anything yet. I have an Amuse replica lip on the way (bought from eBay), so hopefully that goes smoothly as well!

LoWProAERO side diffusers - love these things, look awesome and are super sturdy. More pictures incoming later.

K&N FIPK - makes the car sound a ton better. The sound of the intake convinced me to simply polish my stock exhaust and roll like that until I'm able to comfortably pick up a Greddy SE dual.

As mentioned, polished stock exhaust. Came out okay, not as shiny as I'd like, but I was kind of tight on time and pretty tired. Might consider redoing it; taking the stock exhaust down isn't nearly as much trouble as I had anticipated. Does anyone know why the right canister of the exhaust has that covering, but the left doesn't?

And lastly, new cabin air filter - car has 47k on it, I don't know when the filter was last changed, but I figured I'd do it anyway. The filter is kind of dirty, but nothing compared to the crap that some of you guys pull out Literally took 15 seconds to swap them, and I took a tip and put a sheet of fabric softener in there to smell good.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Love the Video, love the car!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:40 PM

volvo at autox = serious business.

lol

love the car! please dont rice it out and stance/f@#k it up.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:15 PM

Haha yeah, don't see too many Volvos... That was the first time I've seen one.

I'm going to be tracking fairly often once my finances pick up, so it would be pretty hard for me to slam the car
Old 08-29-2012, 09:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

already cringing at replica lip. just get an OEM one. they look sooo much better
Old 08-29-2012, 09:40 PM

I think the OEM one is a bit too flashy for my taste. The Amuse lip is nice and plain. Just right. Eventually I'll consider getting the Amuse bumper, but in the meantime, this will do just fine.

Speaking of which, the lip came earlier than expected! Not my favorite install by far, but got it on and got it stable. I kind of like how the matte color matches the side diffusers, but I'll most likely get it painted in the near future. Also ripped out the plastic grill stuff, planning on putting in a sheet of black plastic or metal to cover up the holes/random crap.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:13 PM

congrats on finding an unmolested s2k! Kinda sad to see it now getting "molested", but it's yours so do as you please

See you around OC
Old 08-30-2012, 12:04 AM

OEM too flashy? I think it's just right

Quick Reply: Starting with a blank slate...