Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

//steve\\ - Round 3

Old 01-10-2013, 12:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 01-11-2013, 09:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by //steve\\
^yeah, I would have gone with those as I was very happy in the past with them except they didn't have any in 215/45 or 225/45 which I need for up front. No plans for wheels for a while so a full set of 255s didn't do me much good.
You going to run spacers?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:25 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

take some more pictures or something damn...this thread is worthless!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:02 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I plan to spend a good bit of time cleaning the car tomorrow and then I'll take a bunch of pictures.

I have no plans on running spacers right now. I won't do the bolt on kind. If it was easier to do ARP studs I'd go that route. It sounds lame but I have no plans to make some car that's going to impress people. I just want it to be fun to drive.

I'm about 99% decided on suspension too, just waiting on a little more info and then I'm pulling the trigger.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which suspension?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:08 AM

I spent a considerable amount of time this weekend cleaning. Outside got a quick wash. I still need another day to really get at all of the door jambs, trunk area, pull the wheels, and spot clean the wheel wells. Years of caked on dirt and grime that hasn't been touched. I'm going to need a few new brushes to get at this stuff.

Most of my time was spent tearing into the engine bay and getting it clean to my standards. I've never taken so many things apart but man did it need it. I wish I had some before pictures but there were lots of leaves and pine needles and all of the tough to reach places.

Battery pulled along with it's tray, fuse box unbolted, and whatever that box is that sits right next to it all. I also pulled the airbox out so I could get underneath. Only spot left to do is the driver side between shock tower and firewall. I have a feeling this section is going to suck big time.

All clean!

I also grabbed a few other quick pics of it in the driveway.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remove windshield tape! I love this car!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:38 AM

I actually far prefer the black windshield frame. When the HT is off it makes the car look much lower and it doesn't look as goofy with the soft top. Probably not going to happen unless I decide to ditch the soft top (which is highly likely)
Old 01-14-2013, 07:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve, interested in a set of 17x9 RE30s? Any STi parts leftover?
Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 AM

^If it was in the budget I'd be all over them. What money I have left over to spend right now is going into suspension which I'm still very much up in the air about. The list below is what I've considered running.

-Ohlins DFV revalved for stiffer springs
-AST 4150s
-MCS single adjustable
-KW Clubsports
-Penskes double adjustable (most expensive option)

I'm trying to be realistic with the use of the car and I know that 90% of the time it gets driven it's going to be street miles. Despite how much I'd like to go with life being busy or whatever else is going on I generally only make 3-6 events a year. Seems like Penske DA race shocks would be overkill. I'm a little iffy on trying a brand new AST line although price is good for a quality monotube. MCS stuff isn't much more than AST and again is a quality monotube. I've had KW Clubsports in the past and I get DA for a lot less than the others. Plus KW stuff still seems to be very street based and I know can handle the abuse of the street no problem. And well Ohlins is Ohlins and I'm not worried in any way about quality there (I'm waiting to hear back on some numbers for rear shock length) I'm concerned the Ohlins rear is too long for the ride height I want.

I actually sold the last of the STI parts this weekend.

Quick Reply: //steve\\ - Round 3