Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

//steve\\ - Round 3

Old 01-10-2013, 06:34 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Default //steve\\ - Round 3

As some of you might have expected I'm back again. This time it took me even less time to realize I didn't want another STI. At this point I'm pretty confident it will be my last time in one unless it's an addition and not replacement. I loved the car but it just wasn't a s2000. I had the last two STIs for a combined total of less than a year.

This time around I decided not to blow all my money on the nicest, lowest mileage s2k I could find. I got very lucky and found one with decent mileage and it's definitely in very good shape.

Car is a 2006 with just a hair over 79k miles. Previously owned by another Mid-A member. Thanks Chelsea It's completely stock except for the Espelir springs and upgraded speakers/head unit.

Don't expect this car to be modded much different from the last two. First things I'll be buying are another Recaro, some new suspension, and summer tires. Just trying to make up my mind which coilovers I want.

It's already clean but I plan to do a once over and really get every last crack and crevice on the car. Stay tuned for more pictures!

I'm glad to be back

Current mod list (as of July 2016):
-Recaro Pole Position on Buddy Club rail
-Ohlins DFV
-Eibach front sway bar
-17x8.5 +45 TR Motorsport MT1 wheels with 255 RS3s (soon to swap on 255 Z2s)
-CR floor mats
-Stoptech 328mm BBK
-Stoptech street pads
-GT Motoring stainless lines (rear only)
-rear diff collars
-Invidia 60mm TP (removed for now)
-Harddog rollbar painted Sebring
-Harddog bulkhead replacement painted Sebring
-Origin Fabrication radiator
-Flashpro
-EVS70 single exhaust
Old 01-10-2013, 06:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice! I'm currently trying to figure out if I want to go with a Recaro for my driver's seat...
Old 01-10-2013, 06:38 AM

I plan to pull the car out of the garage this weekend to give it a thorough inside and out cleaning. I'll post more pics afterwards.

One of the first things I knew I'd be replacing after buying the car was the tires. I plan to keep the exterior appearance of the car exactly as it sits right now so the OEM wheels are here to stay. Just ordered some of the new Dunlop Z2 tires that I've very anxious to try out. I had the Star Specs on my first car and loved them. The last car had the RS3 and while they were great when it was warm in cold/cooler temps they weren't as good. I also didn't like the fact that they seemed to need more camber for even wear compared to other top tier street tires.

I'm also planning to pick up another Recaro bucket in the near future. The lowered seating position and support you get just completely transforms the car for the better.

Suspension I'm still up in the air about. I'm trying to be realistic with my use of the car and with the last two I've had 95% of it's time is spent driving on the street. It will get coilovers for sure but I haven't decided exactly which way I'll go. I've been really happy with the KWs I've had in the past so they are high on my list of possibles.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Welcome back Steve ...car looks clean as hell. I am curious about the Z2's ... when are they expected to be released ?
Old 01-10-2013, 06:55 AM

Tirerack is already expecting to get some Z2s as early as next week. The more common sizes are coming first which is good because that's exactly what I'll be running. I went with 225/255 for stock wheels.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:07 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Wait, I just realized the title has "final round" in it...

Lies.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:15 AM

Truth! It's only the final round unless I strike it rich. If that happens then I'm just going to find the nicest low mileage CR I can get my hands on and buy the owner out.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that I won't be selling anything for another STI
Old 01-10-2013, 07:18 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice I'll be picking up my 255x4 next week. TR seems to still have the Z1's in 255 sizing in stock.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:25 AM

^yeah, I would have gone with those as I was very happy in the past with them except they didn't have any in 215/45 or 225/45 which I need for up front. No plans for wheels for a while so a full set of 255s didn't do me much good.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would have loved to pick up Chelseas car. Nick pick up!

Quick Reply: //steve\\ - Round 3