Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Todds track/daily s2000

Old 01-05-2015, 01:34 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Keep up the good work....
Old 01-07-2015, 05:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jonner
Keep up the good work....
I'm trying
Have a few other goals and things I want to do this year so I think less mods and more track days/maintenance for the first half of this year
Old 01-15-2015, 09:20 PM

11 months later it has finally arrived

Still unsure of whether I'm going to spray it now and try to match it or just wait until I acquire my hardtop and rear bar so I'm able to do a whole closed door respray.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a cool build

Keep on updating

Old 01-17-2015, 04:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely subbing. It gives me much needed inspiration for my lazy arse haha.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by SP00NFED
This is a cool build

Keep on updating

Will do man! Next track day is tomorrow so the cars prepped for that. Hopefully get my times and have a good day.

Originally Posted by superbrand0n
Definitely subbing. It gives me much needed inspiration for my lazy arse haha.
Haha thanks man. I get like that too sometimes and don't feel like working on it. But it's always good to get back into it
Old 01-18-2015, 08:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice build getting there fasst
Old 01-18-2015, 09:16 AM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

This was an awesome thread to read through!

Old 01-18-2015, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by siik_ap2
Nice build getting there fasst
kind of. been just over a year since buying now. this year will be more about trackdays and smaller mods/tweaks

Originally Posted by fernando.
This was an awesome thread to read through!

thanks man
Old 01-20-2015, 04:12 AM

19/01/15 - JDMYARD WAKEFIELD TRACKDAY

First trackday of the year done and dusted. goal was set to achieve a 1:10.xx lap time. Convinced my girlfriend to come down for passenger sessions as well so it was shaping up to be a good day.
Prep was done with the brake upgrade so i just had to swap the 17s to the 16s and get an alignment. Well the second part didnt happen. Another trackday without an alignment -___- you would think i'd have learnt by now haha

The drive down consisted of patchy rain and gloomy skies so our day wasnt off to a great start. Apparently it was raining everywhere except wakefield though so that was a plus. The trackday was a private day held by JDMYARD for their cars and customers. Andrew Brilliants eclipse and the JDMYARD eg were out testing throughout the day so that was a sight to see

The first couple of sessions i took my girlfriend out and practiced with the new brakes. everything felt great so i went out for a session by myself to try and beat my pb. As soon as i started pushing it the car felt really bad. Felt sloppy and had heaps of body roll, was understeering a lot, out of the horseshoe the car was failing to grip on the inside wheel. Constantly came in to change the angle of my wing and play with the tyre pressures but nothing seemed to help. I was constantly sitting around the 1.12 mark.
Figured my lack of alignment had ruined my chances of achieving my goal so did some more passenger laps with the girlfriend for fun.

We were leaving early as we both had work that night so i went back out for one more solo session to try and beat my pb/get a 1.10. Before going out i did one more tyre pressure adjustment and as soon as i got out there the car felt 10 times better. I pushed and pushed this last session and the data afterwards showed. Constant high 1.11s, 5 in a row in fact with the best being 1:11.34. A NEW PB!!! Only marginally but a pb is a pb.

The lap wasnt as clean as my 1:11.59 (i believe) and i had traffic on the last turn so i know there's lots more in it in its current state. My driving can also get A LOT better.
I'd like to do another trackday with the OEM 16s but i've sold them already. No changes to the car for the next track day other than having the 17s and i will get an alignment this time!

PROS
-New PB
-Average time is a lot lower compared to last track day. I had 8 1:11.xx lap times this time compared to 2 last trackday
-Held more speed through the top of the track
-Brakes are great and pull up better than OEM
-Nothing broke
-Gopro recorded well this time and i was able to export in HD

CONS
-Running out of gear on back straight (tried shifting to 4th to keep on the accelerator. Not sure if benefits or not)
-Braking too early as im used to the OEM brakes
-Stop backing off before the kink
-Still slow down the straight (final drive or ecu and tune is needed)
-Learn to heeltoe properly!
-Oil temp got up to 126 degrees at stages. time to invest in an oil cooler me thinks

MENTAL NOTES
-RS3 like to sit around 38 hot i've found

Video of PB lap (watch in HD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWj16pjRaik

Quick Reply: Todds track/daily s2000