Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts

Old 11-29-2014, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12-29-2014, 04:18 PM

Received 112 Likes on 71 Posts

Can you do me a huge favor and destroy your softtop and put in a blue one?

Old 01-01-2015, 06:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tell you what, the next time (it would be third) some bastatard cuts into my soft top, I will definitely go with a blue one. I've seen it with red, more like a dark red/maroon also and it looks good. I have come across that picture and it's definitely crossed my mind.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:59 AM

Time for an update. Been losing interest in the car a bit over the winter. Seeing others move on to other cars, made me think about selling the S and buying a Caymen S/GTS instead. The thought about going into debt sucks even though my wife said, sure go buy that Porsche and we will continue to live in this apartment for the next 10 years, seems like she's on board with the purchase. Instead, I ordered a new hood. In time to take the S out of winter storage in the next two weeks.
Now I just need to decide on the paint or no paint scheme. I'll have sometime to decide before the hood arrives in a week.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TW00Si
Time for an update. Been losing interest in the car a bit over the winter. Seeing others move on to other cars, made me think about selling the S and buying a Caymen S/GTS instead. The thought about going into debt sucks even though my wife said, sure go buy that Porsche and we will continue to live in this apartment for the next 10 years, seems like she's on board with the purchase. Instead, I ordered a new hood. In time to take the S out of winter storage in the next two weeks.
Now I just need to decide on the paint or no paint scheme. I'll have sometime to decide before the hood arrives in a week.
Lol, it is ironic that I'm looking at the same car as well. Not a GTS model, but just something more refined. Even a sedan (C63, M3, ISF), because of the extra added space and doors. I definitely know what you mean in terms of interest as mine has been waning regarding the car lol.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TW00Si
Time for an update. Been losing interest in the car a bit over the winter. Seeing others move on to other cars, made me think about selling the S and buying a Caymen S/GTS instead.

Ride it out. Just imagine if a new Porsche can give back to you in the same way that the S has in the past.

Coming back to the Dragon next month?
Old 03-02-2015, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by second2none
Lol, it is ironic that I'm looking at the same car as well. Not a GTS model, but just something more refined. Even a sedan (C63, M3, ISF), because of the extra added space and doors. I definitely know what you mean in terms of interest as mine has been waning regarding the car lol.
As much as I want the car, it means living way above my means. Even the S model would mean going into debt. So I bought a hood to hold me over. LolI think I'm just getting old. If you buy the Cayman S then you wouldn't need to mod it, right? Hence no set modding budget. This is the lie I tell myself.

Originally Posted by av8ter
Ride it out. Just imagine if a new Porsche can give back to you in the same way that the S has in the past.
Coming back to the Dragon next month?
I don't know. I don't know how much enjoyment I'll get with a new car and how long the novelty will last. I suppose I just need to get my car out of storage soon to slap on the new hood and drive it.
I can't. I started a new job back in October. The work schedule is somewhat hectic and one of my projects right now is going through its attention phase so I can't really just take days off. Lastly, I need to save the few accrued vacation days I have to attend a destination wedding. I'm going to try to make it next year with the wife.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:36 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

just remember they all come back. lol. Also just the winter blues making you feel that way. Im sure the next time out with the car will solidify your resolve on keeping her.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by iamxpL
just remember they all come back. lol. Also just the winter blues making you feel that way. Im sure the next time out with the car will solidify your resolve on keeping her.
Yeah...It could partially be the winter blues. I saw two S2000s this week parked in Manhattan, made me want to see my car soon. I'm only a week away from picking up the S from storage.

On another note, my new carbon fiber hood from King motorsports was delivered yesterday to my bodyshop. It was a week delayed due to the weather but I wasn't in a rush to take delivery since I don't even have my car yet. I stopped by at the bodyshop today to check out the hood and to decide on what to do with it. I was shocked to see the condition of the box it arrived in. I don't think I need to go any further in describing as we've all had taken delivery of items that seems like it went through a hurricane. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Box was beat! Holes galore. Whatever was padding inside the box was non-existent...so was any literature.

[attachment=75318:box01.JPG]

[attachment=75319:box02.JPG]

[attachment=75320:box03.JPG]

[attachment=75321:box04.JPG]

Corner where box was broken open and missing styrofoam - bent and spider crack

[attachment=75322:hood01.JPG]

[attachment=75323:hood02.JPG]

[attachment=75324:hood03.JPG]

[attachment=75325:hood04.JPG]

I just hope this transaction will be honored by King motorsports without too much hassle. My only concern is that I've already paid off the hood, so I'm not sure how that's going to be like if I need to dispute. I'm disappointed but I know things like this happen. I was thoroughly amazed at how light the hood was. It felt like a sheet of paper.
Attached Thumbnails TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-box01.jpg   TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-box02.jpg   TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-box03.jpg   TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-box04.jpg   TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-hood01.jpg  

TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-hood02.jpg   TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-hood03.jpg   TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-hood04.jpg  
Old 03-14-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 163 Likes on 126 Posts

Wow, sorry to see this Rico. I hope it gets taken care of.

Quick Reply: TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts