Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

From Voltex to Mugen

Old 05-16-2015, 07:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default From Voltex to Mugen

So ill start off by introducing myself. My names Edgar Mendoza. Im 25 years old and currently working part time and attending school full time. Ive owned this S2000 for 4 years now. I bought it bone stock from the original owner. Stayed like that for close to a year. Then i slowly started to buy stuff. Wish i would of kept more pictures and a time frame but I'm not someone who posts online to much

Plans were to go Mugen SS to begin with but a good deal came up for a Voltex kit so i jumped on it. I kinda went all out on the "RaceCar" look for a little over a year. Got over it and sold it with plans to purchase Mugen SS bumpers slowly as they came up for sale. As soon as a guy told me he was going to buy my Voltex kit complete, a craigslist ad appeared with a BRAND NEW Mugen SS kit!! Brand new as in all hardware was still packaged, under tray hardware was in its original bubble wrap and the bumpers were not painted. Best part was he was only 3 hours away. But enough talk, ill get to that when i post the pics haha. For now ill post some of the Voltex stage and when i get a chance to upload the Mugen stuff onto the computer ill post them

Vortex Street CF version bumper
Voltex CF canards
Voltex Race Side Skirts
Voltex 3D GT wing
Tamon Design wing custom cut to fit the wing
(a lot of other mods too but i won't bore you with them)

Recaros, Spoon steering wheel, Spoon Shift knob were all replaced with Mugen goodies

Bought a different trunk to drill into (didn't want to drill the VIN matching one)

Only pic i have uploaded on my computer from the Mugen purchase haha
Old 05-16-2015, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this was a mistake. But at least we get to see a clean red mugen car I guess.

Your car pictured above is so nice. I guess you were just bored of the setup?
Old 05-16-2015, 08:05 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

i wanna know who the heck puts brand new mugen parts on craigslist.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebring AP1
I think this was a mistake. But at least we get to see a clean red mugen car I guess.

Your car pictured above is so nice. I guess you were just bored of the setup?
It just wasn't what i wanted in the long run. I do love the look, but something about "less is more" always wins me over.

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
i wanna know who the heck puts brand new mugen parts on craigslist.
A guy's brother who had these stored away for 10 years and decided he didn't want them anymore
Old 05-17-2015, 02:07 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

don't want to be a downer, but i think the Voltex kit looks way better than the Mugen SS too. if you like the Mugen, that's all that matters tho.

if it's the same kit i saw on the LA CL for a while, nice score. i was wondering why it was on there for so long. cheap too.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Voltex is really over the top, plus the Mugen has special history behind it- I'm all for the switch. Not sure why people are hating.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:08 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Car looks great in those pics. And I'm sure it'll look great with the SS kit.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a voltex fanboy and believe the car looks great as it was. Mugen SS just has something about it though. Be good to see what it looks like. Either way looks like it'll be a quality build!
Old 05-17-2015, 03:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the switch! Don't get me wrong I like voltex aero a lot but it so common nowadays unlike Mugen ss! Mugen pics asap lol
Old 05-17-2015, 04:15 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Awesome car! I don't care one way or the other on Mugen vs. Voltex. If I could I would have one S2000 in each flavor. Looking forward to seeing a red car with all the Mugen bits! I just don't get people posting up saying they prefer one option over the other. It's like going out to eat with your friends ordering a cheeseburger with no pickles and having them say, "Look buddy, I really think you are making a mistake with this no pickles thing..."

"(a lot of other mods too but i won't bore you with them)"

Bitch please this is s2ki you can't bore me with nerdy S2000 stuff. The red Recaros looked pretty nice with the ASM side protector.

Quick Reply: From Voltex to Mugen