Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

The WORSTS2000EVER build - completely unamused

Old 05-07-2015, 05:50 PM

Received 3,388 Likes on 2,459 Posts

Thanks for taking in the stray like that, and nursing it back to life. That has to be some good Karma there. All the best
Old 05-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Sad to say this is probably going to start being much more common with these cars. I have seen several just sad examples. One that I can only describe as having cancer. Good to see you helping it back to something useable.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:37 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Why did you buy it? Insanely cheap?
Old 05-08-2015, 12:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

your friends had some nice s2ks, esp the Moonrock one. your NSX is pretty clean too.

not sure why you bought the yellow S though. must've got a really good deal or didn't bother to check it over. at least you have the facilities and time for this monumental project.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:11 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This will be quite the project, good luck man
Old 05-11-2015, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since last time we were to finish the re-installing the transmission, as well as finally figuring out how to fix why our Kpro still can't get an 02 reading.

We got the resurfaced flywheel back, and installed the new stock replacement clutch throw out bearing and pressure plate.

Once we got that back on, we made another little trip back to the Honda dealership and ordered a bunch of missing bolts that weren't on the car. Had to order all the studs for the header because for some reason the previous owner only attached the header with the top half with just spare bolts he found. As you can see the exhaust manifold gasket was completely destroyed and there was a major exhaust leak out the bottom because of this. At this point i've needed to order so many random bolts from honda I can't even keep track of the price total/don't want to... the salesman who took our bolts order at honda even said "you're now at 45$, you guys are spending money like water", during this last trip. Besides those studs and a new gasket I also bought two missing bolts that bolt up the transmission bellhousing, and had to order another bolt missing from the rear driveshaft that bolts it up to the rear diff. Picking that up tomorrow but its about another 4 bucks or so... lol.

random stuff i had to order that were missing from the car for some reason.

new studs to reinstall the header

gasket

After getting the trans back in, we decided why we still couldn't get a primary o2 sensor reading with the Kpro which has been the main ongoing problem for why we couldn't get this car tuned and driving around. So we made the assumption of thinking the engine wiring harness had to be bad judging by how poorly the rest of the wiring on the car is/was. So we just decided to take the entire engine wiring harness out and retrace the o2 to see if there was a break somewhere. After about an hour of taking off a bunch of plastic and tape we found out the wiring harness was perfectly fine, and spent another hour taping everything back up and getting it back in. Completely stumped because the sensor seemed to be going directly into the ecu, we couldn't figure out why the reading for the A/F was just static. We went to last resort and decided just to wire up a standalone wideband sensor.

So we went out the next day and I picked up an aem uego wideband kit. Had to throw my invidia test pipe back on the car instead of the cat because I didn't feel like having to weld in a new bung, although I can't really stand how loud the car is and I enjoy loud cars normally.

We decided to throw the gauge inside the old audio control button on the dash for a cleaner install, since the audio buttons weren't functioning anyways because of the aftermarket headunit.

Since we had the dash trim out we decided to see/remove the mess of wires that were under the dash. There was this entire mess of wires of random crap that just terminated going to nothing, and were attached and very poorly wired up for no apparent reason. all of these wires were not even soldered together, just twisted together with some electrical tape over them. Redid and soldered all the wires he cut to tap into as well.

Got everything wired up and it came out pretty nicely. Checked the kpro and were getting A/F readings finally, and going to get in a datalog to tune tomorrow if all goes well. Still waiting on the rest of the new chassis wiring harnesses to come in, I paid a good amount extra for them to be priority shipped since it is international shipping into toronto canada, but still waiting on those to come hopefully wednesday at the latest
Old 05-11-2015, 09:59 PM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Jesus.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Been following you on instagram for a while now. Happy to see you back in an S, your NSX is gorgeous.

Also, HOOOOOOOOLYYYYYYYYYYYYY CRAAAAAAAAAAAP that thing is terrible.
hahah I know, nothing i've posted on isntagram really captures how much of a shitbox this thing is... Just want to be back driving an S again instead of just owning one.

Originally Posted by arsenal
Why did you buy it? Insanely cheap?

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
your friends had some nice s2ks, esp the Moonrock one. your NSX is pretty clean too.

not sure why you bought the yellow S though. must've got a really good deal or didn't bother to check it over. at least you have the facilities and time for this monumental project.
Looked it over a few times actually, the car was in a front end collision so unfortunately we just thoroughly looked over the body for frame damage checking if all the bracing and welds were honda oem looking and not touched under the hood. We just focused on making sure that was good, and I guess fortunately the frame is all straight and it was just a minor crash judging by the damage. The car ran and drove fine when we test drove it besides the clutch feeling awful. I just assummed little things like horn and turn signals would be easily fixed, but now I know to always take off the fenders first for a wiretucked car.... The only consolation is I got this car as a trade for another car I got screwed over on that the other previous owner also decided to butcher for no reason.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:41 PM

I completely forgot because it's rather irrelevant at this time, but I got tired of having my JDP wing sitting in my trunk for the last year so we just threw it on for fun. Got it brand new but its acquired some scratching from not really having it stored properly around a heap of junk s2000 that didn't go anywhere.

only picture I have showing it on the car, but we kind of all know what it looks like installed already. fitment was ok

Old 05-14-2015, 07:10 AM

Damn man, you have undertaken quite the build on this S2K. I think restoration is a more appropriate word to describe the work needed on this S. What was the previous owner on? That thing needs a boat load of work but glad someone is giving it the attention it deserves. Wishing you good luck on the rest on the build.

Quick Reply: The WORSTS2000EVER build - completely unamused