Bay Area For Sale Items for Sale in the Bay Area. Only Member may post ads.
Mark this thread as Unsold

CA - marin - custom high boost supercharger kit

Old 05-10-2023, 06:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CA - marin - custom high boost supercharger kit

FS: Turn-key, Customized SOS Supercharger kit.
  • SOS supercharger kit,
  • fully-rebuilt and hardly used Novi 1200SL S/C,
  • custom oversized crank pulley, and matching oversized tensioner pulley to control belt slip
  • large air-water heat exchanger, w/ piping
  • upgraded Bosch coolant pump,
  • PLX sensor kit and gauge setup (boost gauge, touch multigauge fitted in stock dash panel, ECU sensor gauge with custom dash readout),
  • AEM EMS series 2 (not pictured yet),
  • RC750 injectors
  • AEM wideband
  • Properly gapped plugs (not pictured)
  • Modified intercooler with TiAL wastegate
  • Wastegate control valve
  • Spal low profile radiator fan
  • Test pipe
  • *all of my paraphernalia related to S/C including extra belts, pulleys, hoses, extra S/C fluid, etc.*

Backstory:

Long ago I got an SOS stage 1 S/C kit with a Novi 1220SL. Eventually I had it setup with standalone management, and a small size pulley and tuned by Blacktrax making roughly ~350. Unfortunately the S/C broke internally and had to be rebuilt by Vortech. I got a completely rebuilt S/C and had it upgraded to 1200SL while getting that done.

Subsequently I took on a long project of designing an S/C setup with a high boost level (that would be too high to get to redline) at the lower end that would relieve boost at the high end.

To do this I had to take the SOS kit with a 1200SL, use an extremely small pulley, and then add some boost release valve to bleed off boost at the high end. The first problem was that the SOS kit's belt will slip if you make the pulley small enough to achieve the right low end boost level. In order to fix this I got a custom oversized crank pulley machined, and paired it with a larger drive pulley (to achieve a very high RPM rate while maintaining much more belt friction). Secondarily I got a flange welded to the intercooler and hooked up a TiAL wastegate with a boost control valve. This setup was eventually validated and tuned by Blacktrax. The setup make more boost at the low end than before, but similar high end power. This was limited by the injectors -- we stopped the boost after 85% duty cycle. I'd bet replacing the 750cc injectors with 1000cc ought to get this thing much higher at the top end.

For me it was the project that was fun. I've hardly driven it, not tracked it at all, had a kiddo, and have since moved into bike racing as my primary hobby. Since I hardly drive the car I didn't want any hassle so I've gone back to stock and my S/C kit is screaming to actually get used. Selling this as a turn-key kit; not willing to sell parts individually.

----------------
First Name: Aaron

Price: $5k

-----------------

Last edited by Sophotrope; 05-21-2023 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Added photos