Notices
BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

What does BMT mean to you?

 
Old 11-06-2011, 05:09 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
mpetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 503
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default What does BMT mean to you?

Hello All, this is actually Becky (I know, I know... I still haven't taken time to get my own profile, but I will soon!)

I am in need of some help... I have a project (speech) for school and I chose BMT as my topic. All I need is a few questions answered! Thanks in advance!!!

1. What do you enjoy most about BMT?
2. What brought you to BMT for the very first time?
3. How many BMT meets have you been to?
4. Would you say you have made friends because of BMT? If so, how have they affected your life?
5. How far do you have to travel to make this event?
6. What do you do for a living?
7. On a scale of 1-5, how passionate are you about driving?

Thanks again guys!!!
mpetus is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 06:54 PM
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 129
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I'll help.

1) The best parts of BMT to me (besides the driving it's self) are the breaks, especially the ones where the whole group is together. I like hearing the stories of the last 2-3 hours worth of driving that everyone got to experience. Even if they are the same stories, it's always fun to hear it from another perspective.

2) Julie and Skyler mentioned it to me at a TruForum meet. I made the decision to attend at 11PM the night before and slept in my car when I got there. It was one of the best choices I've made yet.

3) Two

4) Of course! Just this year I had the opportunity to learn a good amount from 5 or 6 people who I previously did not know. The effect wasn't instant, but I did realize after returning home that driving an S2000, or any car for that matter, wasn't all about the best and latest parts or who had the most horsepower. What I learned from these people is that the thrill of driving is what puts a smile on our face and we will forever be "car guys."

5) Two hours tops.

6) Entry-level Sales

7) 5+

Hope this helps!
JacZilla is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 07:41 PM
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,808
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

1. What do you enjoy most about BMT?
pushing my car harder than i ever have before
2. What brought you to BMT for the very first time?
wanting to hang out with more s2000 enthusiasts and meet some of the good folks i've spoken with on the forum for a few years now
3. How many BMT meets have you been to?
just fall '11
4. Would you say you have made friends because of BMT? If so, how have they affected your life?
sure. i don't know yet, i guess making me feel more welcome in the community
5. How far do you have to travel to make this event?
3 hours or so
6. What do you do for a living?
build boat docks
7. On a scale of 1-5, how passionate are you about driving?
5
marshman is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 06:04 AM
  #4  
Registered User
 
ans2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,182
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

1. What do you enjoy most about BMT?

meeting new people, talking about the love for the S2000. and most importantly, to enjoy the S2000 the way it should be enjoyed, by driving it top down through twisty roads.

2. What brought you to BMT for the very first time?

i always wanted to go, but the time schedule is terrible for me. it either falls on my gf birthday weekend or on my spring break when i visit my nieces and nephew. but the reason why i wanted to go is because how many other owners i would get to meet, to drive roads i have never driven before. the thrill and excitement of my screaming s2000 through the twist and turns.

3. How many BMT meets have you been to?

2, again, i would love to go move but i just cant

4. Would you say you have made friends because of BMT? If so, how have they affected your life?

yes and no, i would like to say that i have made connections online and friends through s2ki on the internet but going to the BMT just put faces to the screen names.

5. How far do you have to travel to make this event?

very very very very very very far. a whole 3 hours. lol

6. What do you do for a living?

i am a full time student at uca and i am a cashier for a to go restaurant.

7. On a scale of 1-5, how passionate are you about driving?

going by that scale? about 10^10000000000000000.
ans2k is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 06:06 AM
  #5  
Registered User
 
ans2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,182
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by marshman View Post
1. What do you enjoy most about BMT?
pushing my car harder than i ever have before
whao!! come out to autox mason and you'll have alot of fun there too!!!!
ans2k is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 10:50 AM
  #6  
Administrator
 
AquilaEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Heath & Reach, Beds, UK
Posts: 95,043
Liked 37 Times in 32 Posts
Default

What is BMT and I may be able to answer? (Big Mans Tits)
AquilaEagle is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 01:42 PM
  #7  
Administrator

 
JulieU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
Posts: 10,473
Liked 44 Times in 35 Posts
Default

^

Originally Posted by mpetus View Post
1. What do you enjoy most about BMT?
The twisties!

Originally Posted by mpetus View Post
2. What brought you to BMT for the very first time?
Jerome and I founded the event back in 2007, the first event being on St. Patrick's Day. We both knew how awesome the roads are in the area and wanted to put together a big group drive to share the experience with other S2000 owners and driving enthusiasts. That's basically how the BMT was born.

Originally Posted by mpetus View Post
3. How many BMT meets have you been to?
All ten of them!

Originally Posted by mpetus View Post
4. Would you say you have made friends because of BMT? If so, how have they affected your life?
OMG, yes! I've made SO many friends as a result of the BMTs and learned so much from them.

Originally Posted by mpetus View Post
5. How far do you have to travel to make this event?
150+ miles

Originally Posted by mpetus View Post
6. What do you do for a living?
Insurance compliance (aftermarket warranties and GAP, not comp/collision or liability)

Originally Posted by mpetus View Post
7. On a scale of 1-5, how passionate are you about driving?
5
JulieU is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 02:03 PM
  #8  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 205
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hiya Becky,

I hope this helps. Will we see a draft of your speech when you are done? Good luck.

Simon

1. What do you enjoy most about BMT? Spending quality time with a extremely eclectic group of people and sharing a truly unique experience with them. There are plenty of drives and track days, but the BMT is a one-of-a-kind event. Every BMT I have been on - even the infamous one – has been a life altering day.
2. What brought you to BMT for the very first time?
I was invited by a friend
3. How many BMT meets have you been to?
six
4. Would you say you have made friends because of BMT? If so, how have they affected your life?
I have made countless friends because of the BMT. My best friend watched me go off the mountain backward. Yesterday we blasted down country roads together with barely any separation between us. There's no one I trust driving with more.
5. How far do you have to travel to make this event?
10 hours.
6. What do you do for a living?
I am a video Producer/Director
7. On a scale of 1-5, how passionate are you about driving?
11
SimonRL is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 09:05 PM
  #9  
 
Janet&Travis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 346
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

1. What do you enjoy most about BMT?

The family it creates. It's like going home for the holidays. You love to see everyone and of course there are always a few weird Uncles in the mix.


2. What brought you to BMT for the very first time?

JulieU's involvement with helping to organize other great events like the MOM (Meet Of Midwest) and Talimena roadtrips, we knew the drive in March of 2007 would naturally be fun to attend.

3. How many BMT meets have you been to?

I've attended 9. Trav & I missed one because we were driving the Dragon. Also due to some health issues one of the BMT's we met everybody in the morning at the drivers meeting and then took a slower paced route and met everybody at the dinner so we could hear some of their white knuckle stories. Also I no longer do the full drive but only the morning portion.


4. Would you say you have made friends because of BMT? If so, how have they affected your life?

Yes, I've definitely made friends and interestingly enough I don't know half of their names. Sometimes I know their real names, sometimes I know their screen names and some I have just had to give nicknames to (i.e. asshole). But yes I consider them my friends. Affected my life.....hmmm I guess that would be they have opened my world to friendships of all ages. It's also been fun watching some of them change a little bit over the years. I also feel security and comfort knowing that when I travel through any of the surrounding states and if I needed some kind of help, anyone from this BMT family would be there to help me.

5. How far do you have to travel to make this event?

A direct route would be 175 miles, BUT an S2000 twistie route is maybe 250 miles.

6. What do you do for a living?

I hate this question. I am currently in retirement? (I did part time work throughout my history but I take pride in being a full time Mom (he's 23 now))

7. On a scale of 1-5, how passionate are you about driving?

Definitely a 5. It doesn't matter if it's my daily driver or the incredible 2002 NFR s2k. {always top down}
Janet&Travis is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 09:53 AM
  #10  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

WOW guys!!! These are all amazing replies!!! I'm even more excited about this project now!!!

There is definitely a family with BMT, it's the reason I'm (finally) on this forum!!

You are all truly amazing!!

Thank you, again!!!
Ms. Goes Fast is offline  

Quick Reply: What does BMT mean to you?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands