California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Anybody Wanna Meet Up To Clear Out Te Headlights?

Old 12-04-2002, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody Wanna Meet Up To Clear Out Te Headlights?

earlier this afternoon i met this guy with a 02 white s2k that was on the this board and i asked him how did he clear out his headlights and he said he met up with a couple of people on here to do it. i want to clear out my lights too and was wondering if anybody is interested. we can meet up and do it somewhere and whoever knows how, it'll be nice if you can come and help. if anybody is down for it itll be cool and itll be nice to meet someof you guys also. i wouldnt be able to do it for like another two weeks though b/c my car is in the shop. we would also need a place to do it. anybody have any ideas?!?!?!?
Old 12-05-2002, 01:42 AM

Count me in...I have no idea where though...
Old 12-05-2002, 04:56 AM

hey you can count me in to. just let me know when and where and i'm there. oh by the way are you going to be using rick's clear diffusers, or are you just going to clear them out? i'm personally want to use them cause i don't like the way the headlights look with them just cleared. well anyways pmed ya.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:10 AM

Count me in also. It'd be great if we could get someone experienced to help out. I searched this topic and more than a few other owners have had problems getting the housings properly resealed and have had to pull them to re-do it

Sorry I can't offer up my place to meet but when you're an apartment dweller, they already look at you cross-eyed when you wrench on your own car (let alone a fleet of S2Ks)
Old 12-05-2002, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by blureds2k
hey you can count me in to. just let me know when and where and i'm there. oh by the way are you going to be using rick's clear diffusers, or are you just going to clear them out? i'm personally want to use them cause i don't like the way the headlights look with them just cleared. well anyways pmed ya.
I think it looks nice w/o it...especially on lighter cars...but email Rick and see if there's a group buy price...

BTW, would you guys be interested in doing some other DIY projects I've been thinking of?
Old 12-06-2002, 07:44 AM

Originally posted by b0mbrman

BTW, would you guys be interested in doing some other DIY projects I've been thinking of?
b0mbrman: What other projects you thinkin' of?
Old 12-06-2002, 07:50 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that Vanaron from our Sacramento group was interested. I just PM'ed him this thread. If you guys are going to paint calipers too I'd be in. I already have cleared headlights and was the "baker and resealer" of our clearing. The others took apart the cars and reassembled them.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by monjake

b0mbrman: What other projects you thinkin' of?
Mostly other cosmetic DIY stuff:

DIY clearing of headlights
DIY roof well mat
DIY sticking a towel in the back of the soft top
DIY grilles
DIY head-rest wind-blockers
DIY full-floor all-weather mats
DIY increase utility of the glovebox, secret compartment (To organize gas receipts, CD's, etc)
DIY CAI
DIY Painting brakes, engine parts, other assorted stuff
Old 12-06-2002, 11:53 AM

I am definatly interested, I was thinking about doing my headlights this weekend, but I live in Sac, so it would be a drive for me. I also have already painted my calipers, and would be willing to help anybody out who wants that done. Just PM me, and let me know if you decide on a place to make the mods, and if anybody is up for it, you could all come to me, if you are up for a drive, I have a pool table, and a big enough garage to handle 2 cars at a time? If not, I will just come out there when you guys make the decision.

Ron and Shivana Smith
Old 12-06-2002, 12:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vananron
[B]I am definatly interested, I was thinking about doing my headlights this weekend, but I live in Sac, so it would be a drive for me.

Quick Reply: Anybody Wanna Meet Up To Clear Out Te Headlights?