California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Anybody Wanna Meet Up To Clear Out Te Headlights?

Old 12-06-2002, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another week or so works for me and in the absence of a closer alternative, Sacramento will do just fine.

Vananron: Thanks for offering up your place, very kind of you!
Old 12-06-2002, 01:14 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ron,

Maybe we can make this a joint Sac/Bay thing if that crew is making the trek to our neck of the woods. I'd like help with Caliper painting and I'd be glad to share my light baking knowledge, but Matt and Donny know how to take the cars apart. Just FYI...the time limiting factor is the baking of lights and doing it in winter will increase required baking time for sure. I'd suggest a disassembly line (take one car apart, start baking then start taking the second car apart etc.) Unless you have a double oven (or your pizza ovens are bought ) it's going to take a long time. It took us about 6-8 hours for 3 cars because of baking.

Raj
Old 12-06-2002, 03:00 PM

i down for whatever. but we should start planning a date so we all know for sure when we are going to do it. and i guess since we might have a few cars we should start in the morning. so if anyone has any ideas please post them . also i emailed rick and he told me that it will take about 2 weeks if anyone wants those clear diffusers. or if anyone else knows where to get them that'll be great. so far everything looks good. pm me if anything
Old 12-06-2002, 03:05 PM

What did he say about a group buy price?
Old 12-06-2002, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by b0mbrman
What did he say about a group buy price?
.he really didn't say anything about the group buy. so i guess he wants us to each buy them seprately. he also said the reason why it might take that long is cause there is a waiting list for those diffusers. if anyone wants to email him it's hesel@artsci.com personally those diffuser give that jdm look. i've seen them w/o it on some cars and it looks clean, but on others it looks so incomplete. hopely my car won't look like the later
Old 12-06-2002, 03:37 PM
JL

Hi. I like to be in this. I got the Rick's smoke diffuser delivered last week and was looking for someone who can help me. I will come to Sac if that's where we do it.

BTW, I think sylvainsf used to do this at his place. Look at this thread. Sylvainsf, are you around and can you help us please?

Thanks,
Jay
Old 12-06-2002, 03:38 PM
Former Moderator

For each his/her own as usual. I'd check out the posts that show both Rick's Clear and Smoked diffusers as well as with the "naked" look. I like my naked look where the chrome shows (I have a silverstone). You should also buy your replacement bulbs (turn signal and running as well as high beam if you choose) ahead of time because replacing bulbs otherwise is a BITCH!
Old 12-06-2002, 07:45 PM

Originally posted by blureds2k

.he really didn't say anything about the group buy. so i guess he wants us to each buy them seprately. he also said the reason why it might take that long is cause there is a waiting list for those diffusers. if anyone wants to email him it's hesel@artsci.com personally those diffuser give that jdm look. i've seen them w/o it on some cars and it looks clean, but on others it looks so incomplete. hopely my car won't look like the later
From the ones I've seen on this board, the white, satin silver, and silverstone s2000's w/o diffuser look pretty good while the red, blue, yellow, and black might benefit from the diffuser
Old 12-07-2002, 03:06 AM

let me know if i can lend a hand.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:08 PM

anybody painting calibers? has the date and place been decided yet?

Quick Reply: Anybody Wanna Meet Up To Clear Out Te Headlights?