California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

bball gym, leagues

Old 02-09-2009, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bball gym, leagues

anyone know any decent in door gyms around the cupertino, sunnyvale area?

kind of tired of playing outside in this freezing weather and gyms with dirty floors which is acutally worse than playing out doors.

would also like to get in a league or a team and run some drills, if anyone is

looking for a guard, PLEASE HIT ME UP!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:56 PM

24 hr on hillsdale or santa teresa, kinda far from sunnyvale tho. Ortega in sunnyvale, just wear a sweatshirt =P.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is a 24hr in mountain view with a bball court. decent pick up games, but since there is only 1 court, you usually hafta sign a list and wait. on monday and tuesdays its really busy, but on wednesdays and thursdays not so much. usually can get 2 games in.

the quality of ball is okay. everybody is in shape which makes it tougher, but also, everyone is looking for their own shot (its like having 5 jamal crawfords on 1 team) and sometimes it degenerates into jungle ball.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by trainwreck,Feb 9 2009, 09:45 PM
there is a 24hr in mountain view with a bball court. decent pick up games, but since there is only 1 court, you usually hafta sign a list and wait. on monday and tuesdays its really busy, but on wednesdays and thursdays not so much. usually can get 2 games in.

the quality of ball is okay. everybody is in shape which makes it tougher, but also, everyone is looking for their own shot (its like having 5 jamal crawfords on 1 team) and sometimes it degenerates into jungle ball.
lol, thats what i hate about pick up games.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:20 PM

jamal crawford. that was funny!! sam cassell??? hahahahha
Old 02-10-2009, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by 623baller,Feb 9 2009, 11:01 PM
lol, thats what i hate about pick up games.
yea i am actually looking for a league myself. i am tired of driving to the basket and being hit by 4 different hands and only getting to check the ball up again.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:37 AM

We should just make a league!
Old 02-10-2009, 11:23 AM

yes i am down for that too! but the pain of organizing it @#$!@$!@#$

for most part, i would just love to get back into organized basketball, it's been a long long while, i feel like i've picked up way too many bad habits through pick up games and i would like to re-learn all the do's don'ts in regulation ball.

i gota say pick up games can really **** up a players fundamental because of the frustration it can cause you.

either you are stuck with 5 jamal crawfords or 5 Kwame browns....LOL
Old 02-10-2009, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by 623baller,Feb 10 2009, 12:23 PM
yes i am down for that too! but the pain of organizing it @#$!@$!@#$

for most part, i would just love to get back into organized basketball, it's been a long long while, i feel like i've picked up way too many bad habits through pick up games and i would like to re-learn all the do's don'ts in regulation ball.

i gota say pick up games can really **** up a players fundamental because of the frustration it can cause you.

either you are stuck with 5 jamal crawfords or 5 Kwame browns....LOL

Don't like playing pickup games for that reason. Everyone ball hogs and is all greedy. Ends up being jungle bball. Same thing with Vball. Pickup games/open gym = jungle vball and you get greedy people who are like on one corner of the court running to the opposite far corner trying to spike the ball over.

I tried looking for a bball/vball league but wasn't able to find any.. (Probably cause I was looking for co-ed).. But in the end, I need organized ball games with rules and regulations and team work.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8,Feb 10 2009, 04:38 PM

Don't like playing pickup games for that reason. Everyone ball hogs and is all greedy. Ends up being jungle bball. Same thing with Vball. Pickup games/open gym = jungle vball and you get greedy people who are like on one corner of the court running to the opposite far corner trying to spike the ball over.

I tried looking for a bball/vball league but wasn't able to find any.. (Probably cause I was looking for co-ed).. But in the end, I need organized ball games with rules and regulations and team work.
I'd be down for a league or some sort of organized bball...

s2ki bball league!

Quick Reply: bball gym, leagues