California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

California Stongard Shop

Old 02-03-2001, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I known a while back we were talking about stongarding and someone mentioned seeing if we could get a deal on doing 2 at a time. Well, I emailed a guy from Stonegard, he said that the only authorized place in North Cali is:
Detailwerks
111Dell Ave #2
Campbell, CA 95008
(408) 378-6600

This is a different place then the 'Detailwurkz' that I went to and almost got screwed on. So I'm gonna call these guys on Monday and see if we can get any deals and work out the details (no pun intened).

BTW, where is Campbell? How far is it from Pleasanton?

I'll post more as I get it.
Old 02-05-2001, 06:26 AM

Deadpedal,

Campbell borders San Jose and Los Gatos. From Pleasanton, it is about 30-45 miles. Once you get down to the South Bay and are on HWY17 South towards Los Gatos/Santa Cruz, exit on Hamilton. That will put you very close.

Please keep us posted on your Stoneguard experiences. Finding a good installer here in the Bay would be great!

-DD-
Old 02-05-2001, 09:01 AM
GameOver

Hey, see what the deal is on three stooks... I may be in too.
Old 02-05-2001, 12:02 PM

Alright...I just got off the phone with Rick down there, he is the president and owner of the place and seems pretty cool. I told him I was definatley going to do it and had the strong possiblity of 2 others. He said that the best way to do it would be to order the product direct from Stongard (maybe we could get a deal on 3), then once we had the product (3-4days shipping) we should make an appointment to have it installed. And they do need it for 2 days. I told him I work fom 1 to 10 M-F and I could drop it off at 12ish on monday and pick it up like 12ish the next day. The reason for the overnight is they take one day to install it, then the next day to troubleshoot any of the bubbles or water spots. Oh, and BTW, Rick (the pres.) is the StonGard installer, so that make me feel better too. Cost for installation is $400, that's as low as I could get him.
Old 02-05-2001, 12:16 PM
GameOver

How much did it cost for the Stoneguard material from the company?
Old 02-05-2001, 12:46 PM

Cost for the product is $500.95 for the full kit, they also have a partial kit that dosen't include the bumper, not worth it IMO. Check:
http://www.stongard.com/sgcontent/result2_...ail_Pack_ID=636

I called them up and spoke with one of thier sales reps, they said they didn't do group discounts of any sort, maybe if we had more ppl call we might be able to get somewhere with them, but I don't think they are gonna budge.

So it looks like, when all is said and done, it's gonna be about $925 for everything.
Old 02-05-2001, 06:56 PM

Damn, I just started running through things in my head to coordinate all of this (at least for myself), so I called Enterprise Rent a Car and you have to be 21 to rent... (I'm 20)
Sounds like I'll drop it off next friday and pick it up on sat afternoon. Anyone know a good hotel in the area? :-) Preferably walking distance...

Let me know who wants to do this, he said it would be cool to have them all in there on one day.
Old 02-05-2001, 08:28 PM

When are you guys thinking of doing this?

Since this place is in my hood I may stop by and check them out. I'm not sure that I want or need to do this [the S2K is my second car and a weekender mainly] but am curious to check out a sample of the stongard product. I wouldn't say that I'm a "strong possibility" at this point but I am interested.

-DD-
Old 02-05-2001, 10:37 PM
GameOver

I'm interested too, but won't be able to have it done for a month or two. A grand is pretty steep, but I think it should be worth it for my baby.
Old 02-06-2001, 08:36 PM

I am in for sure. I don't want the car to keep going on unprotected. I guess they sound pretty professional and will take good care of my baby while its there.

Quick Reply: California Stongard Shop