California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

DCI wiring help

Old 06-11-2008, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DCI wiring help

Hey everyone,

I tried the electronics forum with no help. But I think I'll have a better chance with the local crew. I am having some trouble getting my wired DCI to work. I just installed a JVC KD-BT1 HU with the appropriate DCI. The stereo works perfectly, but none of the dash controls are working. I've doubled checked the wiring, the DCI switch settings, and made sure everything is connected, but the dash controls still do not work. Could somebody take a look at my wiring and see if maybe I spliced it up incorrectly? The pic isn't that great, but it shows the basic connections. Thanks for the help!

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...lyt/wiring.jpg
Old 06-11-2008, 08:54 PM

The link above is bad. Try this one:

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk306/j...rent=wiring.jpg
Old 06-11-2008, 10:34 PM

Probably is obvious but from the picture I gather you didn't go for the plug and play harness from DCI? Its pretty easy if you have it, but just for clarification the left white colored part goes to the stock harness and the right black one goes to the new deck correct?
Old 06-12-2008, 08:15 AM

Yeah, unfortunately the plug and play harness is only for apline headunits. As mine is a JVC, I don't think the PnP was an option. But yeah, the white plug on the left goes to the stock harness and the black one goes into the new headunit. Any idea as to why the DCI isn't working?
Old 06-12-2008, 11:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ If you decide you dont want to go through with the DCI, let me know & I may be interested in picking it up. I have a brand new HONDA harness that you can use to install the radio, just picked it up the other day.

I have an alpine deck, so wanted to take advantage of the modify system.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:31 AM

I want the DCI, it's just an issue of getting it to work. But if I don't get this thing working in the next few weeks, I'll let you know.

Does anybody see anything wrong with my wiring? If not, I'm gonna go buy a multimeter and start testing for other possibilities. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:50 PM

I've been thinking about getting this for my KD-AVX1 but wasn't sure about $90 on something i haven't understood completely for installation.
Very interested to see this outcome. Please follow through with your final decision or result.

I do miss the dash controls though.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by 5 Speed AP2,Jun 14 2008, 02:50 PM
I've been thinking about getting this for my KD-AVX1 but wasn't sure about $90 on something i haven't understood completely for installation.
Very interested to see this outcome. Please follow through with your final decision or result.

I do miss the dash controls though.
Will do. I've gone ahead and purchased a multimeter to do some testing outlined in Modifry's tech page. So far, I've been able to confirm the correct voltage (12v) but am not really too sure how to test current flow for the correct amps. I've emailed Bob to see if he has any tips.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:20 PM

sweeto.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:11 PM

Hey,

Got any specifically of the connectors to the DCI? And a photo of your DCI dip switches?

How did you make the connections between DCI and harness? It looks like my friend's twist and electrical tape method, which has been known to disconnect inside the tape.

I just installed a JVC kd-adv38 with dci a few weeks ago without any electrical issues.

Quick Reply: DCI wiring help