Aug 27th
21.21%
Sep 17th
15.15%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

End of summer bon fire, list on first page

Old 07-17-2011, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the epic bonfire where we had the all nighter @ The beach? If so I remember Dan leaving early taking the extra firewood and some guy who feel in a ditch. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by logikbmb
is the epic bonfire where we had the all nighter @ The beach? If so I remember Dan leaving early taking the extra firewood and some guy who feel in a ditch. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Page 1 summarized =)

it's the one where marie got a ticket, probably shouldn't remind her of that or else she might not wanna go back
Old 07-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lewiS2K
Originally Posted by logikbmb' timestamp='1310952736' post='20788772

Page 1 summarized =)

it's the one where marie got a ticket, probably shouldn't remind her of that or else she might not wanna go back
Shouldn't remind Rodney about that hehehe ooops

Breakfast was good though.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vu/Mac; can you please pin on Google Maps the exact 2nd location we ended up at? I think we can come up with a nice route with this info.

I would suggest that each person brings the following to pitch in & complete the supplies/materials we would need to be comfortable as a group:

1. 1 Pack of Fire Wood = EACH S2K
2. Liquids - Water, Soda, Beer, whatever...
3. Snacks/Food/Smores - Chips, meat, rice, rolls whatever....
4. Chairs
5. Blankets/Sleeping Bags
6. Warm Clothes/Scarf/Hoodie/Gloves
7. Garbage Bags
8. Flashlights/Camping lights

I thought that big umbrellas might work too if you dig them in to the sand as an awning/cover from the cold night. Not sure if a canopy will work with the wind.

I brought my laptop last time for music, but people can bring their iPhone/iPods & if someone has self powering speakers (just one set) that will work. I have a small set of speakers but theyre not the loudest.

Last time we didnt really hit the road til around 7pm or later. This time around on a Saturday afternoon, I think we should caravan out from Cupertino Area around 4:30-5pm to maximize the sunlight. The reason why I say Cupertino area is for easy access to 9 but we can also caravan out somewhere close to 85/17 if that route is better.

That's about all I can think of for now...

EDIT:

What I think also needs to be determined is the amount of time we plan on spending there. If we're doing overnight; figure out the time to leave & route to hit up brekky at Stacks in Campbell!

Then...you sleep when you get home in the morning, hahahaha

Hopefully there will be some drunk females randomly wandering around in the sand like last time, hahaha but no more drunk dudes falling in ditches please.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:22 AM

There should be a sign up list of who brings what for the bonfire. That and everyone should be bring some wood for the fire.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by lewiS2K
Originally Posted by pingels' timestamp='1310838530' post='20786321
1. I want there to be fire. Preferrably enough fire for me to remember the night by. Maybe not BurningMan-big, but I want fire.
2. I'd also be down for a group drive or two (before/after/during...no alcohol+driving, tho)
3. I don't mind chipping in some $ (~my share) or providing help/etc to make this work.
1. I wouldnt have it any other way
2. Trust me, the drive there is gonna be one to remember.
3. Thanks for being a team player

This will be an all night event.

Hopefully this time, we wont put all our eggs in Dans basket, and we can actually stauy warm!
Dear god, imagine if I had not gone at all -- you all would have gone there and died not knowing what to do without a couple extra chemlogs .

Lewis' epitaph would read: "Here lays a man who never knew when to give up."
Old 07-18-2011, 08:59 AM

"A" men JP, you've pretty much written the 8 commandments for this beach front bon fire.
I would really like to try and pull an all nighter. As some of you remember, a few of us actually took a slight nap on the beach =)

LETS SET THE DATE FOR SATURDAY AUG 13TH

We'll meet up at tap x in cupertino (next to marina) @ 4:30 set to leave around 5:00 - 5:30 depending on when JP arrives fashionably early =)

First page will be updated with list and contributors
Old 07-18-2011, 10:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I already have plans that evening, so I wouldn't be able to show up until much later.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K
I already have plans that evening, so I wouldn't be able to show up until much later.
Me also....
Old 07-18-2011, 10:50 AM

Me! I'll bring wood and some chips/smores stuff!

Quick Reply: End of summer bon fire, list on first page