California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Exhaust Fabrication Shop in Bay Area

Old 07-15-2020, 09:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Exhaust Fabrication Shop in Bay Area

Hi Bay Area,

I was wondering if anybody had any experience with exhaust fabrication shops in the bay area. I'm trying to get an idea on what a custom Ti exhaust would cost. Just saw LHT fab one for a customer and it made me curious.

Thanks!

Old 07-26-2020, 01:16 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

you're probably better off buying a Ti exhaust off the shelf. ti pipes are really expensive right now, your welds likely won't be as good, your fitment won't be as good and the hours of labor to fab the exhaust will probably cost more than you want to spend. you could probably get the J's for the same cost.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:21 AM

Received 1,138 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Unless you put stickers on the car no one will know you have a titanium exhaust. Jewelry not seen is jewelry wasted.

-- Chuck
Old 07-27-2020, 12:11 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Unless you put stickers on the car no one will know you have a titanium exhaust. Jewelry not seen is jewelry wasted.

-- Chuck
Seriously? If you don't have anything useful to contribute to conversations stop posting. It's getting really old seeing your name on every single post with some useless irrelevant comment.
The following users liked this post:
WilloW (12-31-2020)
Old 07-27-2020, 01:05 PM

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

hit up Phil see if he has space to do side fab work for you
https://www.instagram.com/spoolinphil/
He is in San Jose he did my downpipe and turbo manifold in the past great work. Also a kick ass painter/body shop
Old 07-28-2020, 11:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been meaning to hit almaden for body work, but its good to know they do do fab work too!
Old 08-01-2020, 10:33 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Like with MANDREL bends and all?

There is a guy named PETE from "QUIET HORSEPOWER" can probably yelp the name and find it. I considered contacting him for a custom exhaust. If you do so let me know what pricing, gauge of metal pipes, size of pipes, etc. you went with. I bought a off the shelf cat back before I was able to contact him.

Could be also a good idea to buy mandrel pipe kits with your own mufflers and bring it to a shop.

This is my next idea...

Old 11-15-2020, 09:43 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EffWun
Like with MANDREL bends and all?

There is a guy named PETE from "QUIET HORSEPOWER" can probably yelp the name and find it. I considered contacting him for a custom exhaust. If you do so let me know what pricing, gauge of metal pipes, size of pipes, etc. you went with. I bought a off the shelf cat back before I was able to contact him.

Could be also a good idea to buy mandrel pipe kits with your own mufflers and bring it to a shop.

This is my next idea...
Interesting idea. One of the reasons I went with a Fujisubo Power Getter was that it's a single with 2 resonators - light and quiet.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:38 PM

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts

These guys did some work on my old car 20 years ago and the work was top rate. I've seen some cars that they have done in the past 5 to 6 years and the work is still second to none.
Custom Exhaust Bay Area, Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Stainless Steel Exhaust, Racing Exhaust, Intercooler Piping,Custom Turbo, Water plumbing, engine water lines, Fabrication

Rod
Old 11-20-2020, 05:16 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

OP if you check out the place Rrounds mentioned let us know some details.

Could be the only mandrel bender left in all of Norcal.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Fabrication Shop in Bay Area