California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

my NOV of 08 rant

Old 11-28-2008, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slightly2ned,Nov 27 2008, 04:00 PM
As bad as everything is going, take it as a challenge and beat it! In the end all these experiences will make you stronger!

Good luck and hit me up if you need help, is still need that job fr you.

and if that doesn't make you feel better, just this morning i gotta ticket 15 over coming out of a u-turn, long story. then kragens didnt have the vacumm tube size so had to drive to another place. before i did that though, i failed smog for incorrect air flow. stupid cel. but before that, i was lost looking for the place so i ended up in this complex with hecka steep entrance. being as low as my car, i was dangling like a see-saw again. couldn't get out so had to push through. i think my car's resale valeu just plummeted. got my oil change and found out there was a nail in my tire.

so to-do list now:
1) raise car up
2) patch tire
3) wait til the day or torment is over
4) and laundry.

hope this helped. if ever was a time i would recommend drinking with close friends, it would be.... NOWWWW!
Old 11-28-2008, 06:33 PM

I guess I have to be the odd man out. Most of these rants can be avoided if/had it been taking proper precaution.

You can avoid the following by:
speeding ticket - slow down
tires rubbing - don't lower the car too low
Fenders got f up because you found a cheap deal - You get what you paid for
8 pts. on license - I rest my case
crashing a car - what was the caused of the crashed?
lost of job - hate to be mean, but should have been the best worker or kiss up on some upper class ASS

I know it's easier said than done, but the minute we stop making excuses for every negative aspect of our live and start finding solution for each of them
I'm not perfect by all mean, but almost everything in my life POSITIVE AND OR NEGATIVE happened or will is because I CONTROL THE OUTCOME OF IT or at least did everything I can.

Happy holiday to you all and take care!
Old 11-28-2008, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Luckyaze,Nov 28 2008, 07:33 PM
I guess I have to be the odd man out. Most of these rants can be avoided if/had it been taking proper precaution.

You can avoid the following by:
speeding ticket - slow down
tires rubbing - don't lower the car too low
Fenders got f up because you found a cheap deal - You get what you paid for
8 pts. on license - I rest my case
crashing a car - what was the caused of the crashed?
lost of job - hate to be mean, but should have been the best worker or kiss up on some upper class ASS

I know it's easier said than done, but the minute we stop making excuses for every negative aspect of our live and start finding solution for each of them
I'm not perfect by all mean, but almost everything in my life POSITIVE AND OR NEGATIVE happened or will is because I CONTROL THE OUTCOME OF IT or at least did everything I can.

Happy holiday to you all and take care!
I agree whole heartedly.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:17 PM

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

You can't blame him for losing his job (I was the GREATEST employee at my former workplace, or "the best worker" imo and they let me go after the market crashed). The economy is really really bad if you haven't fully realized yet (the credit problem is killer).

He's got it bad, but there are tons of people who have it much worse. 2008 has been a crappy year economically for a lot of people. Now look at those people who have died for no reason in the Mumbai attacks just yesterday and today...

But sorry to hear all of that man. Here's to hoping 2009 will be a lot better for everyone!
Old 11-28-2008, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

relying on that to move up @ work or stick around = most of the time, the ass kissers are the ones who are incompetent and don't know how to do their job!

some things are just beyond your control. you could be the best employee they have, but when they need to whack and cut cost, they do what they gotta do.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:42 PM

hope you get the latest thing taken care of blue.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:59 PM

[QUOTE=lilazngrl4o8,Nov 28 2008, 09:37 PM]

relying on that to move up @ work or stick around =
Old 11-29-2008, 12:40 AM

^ I believe you are talking about getting "fired"; If I am not mistaken the OP was laid off. I am not surprised with the local trend all the companies are taking these days due to the economy.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:14 AM

economy sucks period.....

lets see wwod?
Old 11-29-2008, 09:28 AM

Damn Blue... sorry to hear about everything. You always land on your feet though. You got this... no problem.

Quick Reply: my NOV of 08 rant