California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

N/A E85 Tune (+30whp)

Old 05-31-2015, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by madmaxblaster
How is the fuel economy of the e85? Heard that it gives you power but takes away your mileage. I commute mine daily and in averaging 27 mpgs, wonder if I do this mod, would my mpg get lower?

You consume about 30% more fuel on e85.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was also given a ride after Evodiet pulled up the milpitas meet friday. I can easily confirm much better power from the car with 2 people in the car. All I saw was a CAI but def felt a big power gain!
Old 06-01-2015, 12:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you tuning jay's evo also? great to see new information on the s2k platform!! i hate turbo cars! it be nice to have a 30hp gain from na tune without touching the motor!!
Old 06-02-2015, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by tbkonwso
are you tuning jay's evo also? great to see new information on the s2k platform!! i hate turbo cars! it be nice to have a 30hp gain from na tune without touching the motor!!
Yep that would be me.

Yeah, I was blown away by 30whp. The car is feels totally different now.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:06 AM

Received 122 Likes on 98 Posts

Name:  whatsyourdynotrap_zps39b39a38.jpg
Views: 2737
Size:  26.7 KB
Old 06-02-2015, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
You're just a troll dude.

I'm not going to the drag strip to prove a point when I know what it did. And second of all why the hell would I take my s2k to the strip if I'm going when I have an Evo that'll trap >50 more mph. That'll literally waste a whole day of my life for nothing. Then you'll be like oh the timers are wrong.

The car baselined then picked up 30whp, thats what happened the end. I'm not worried about 30whp. My goal is to pick up 300whp++.

I shared this info to help the community.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:11 AM

I find it amazing that you're the only person that has ever received that sort of gain with E85 on these cars... All without changing out the parts already known to rob power.

Going to the drag strip has nothing to do about your Evo. I wasn't aware that a couple drag strip passes takes a whole day either. I wouldn't doubt the timers, but I sure as shit doubt your dyno since your numbers are in lala land.

And for the guys that took a ride... I learned long ago that unless additional power gain is HUGE, the butt dyno is the biggest liar.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
I find it amazing that you're the only person that has ever received that sort of gain with E85 on these cars... All without changing out the parts already known to rob power.

Going to the drag strip has nothing to do about your Evo. I wasn't aware that a couple drag strip passes takes a whole day either. I wouldn't doubt the timers, but I sure as shit doubt your dyno since your numbers are in lala land.

And for the guys that took a ride... I learned long ago that unless additional power gain is HUGE, the butt dyno is the biggest liar.
So, the real dyno shows the power but its lying... the butt dyno shows the power but its lying... I mean 15% gain in power is huge and you can actually FEEL it. I put several cars on a AP2 w/exhaust but that was a fluke... what gives? Why would I drive to sac on R comps to record a trap speed when you're gonna just make up some other excuse.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by evodiet
So, the real dyno shows the power but its lying... the butt dyno shows the power but its lying... I mean 15% gain in power is huge and you can actually FEEL it. I put several cars on a AP2 w/exhaust but that was a fluke... what gives? Why would I drive to sac on R comps to record a trap speed when you're gonna just make up some other excuse.
Exactly... On a car I used to have years ago, I could FEEL the power as well. It felt really fast, until I was nearly even with my buddies car. He had the same car, only it was stock.

Waiting for videos of said races... Several cars on a cars against another car that probably has "20hp" less in this case? What did you race to, 160mph? Swap on street tires.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:05 PM

We did like 8-10 rolls. I actually even gave him the hit because it wasn't close with even start. I asked others at the Friday meet if they wanted to race but no one else wanted to.

Just bring your car out to Friday meet. It's close to the shop SpeedElement

Quick Reply: N/A E85 Tune (+30whp)