California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

The Neverending Story... My Mod Addiction - Updated: 6/16/16

Old 01-31-2016, 11:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not immune to lapses in judgment and doing stupid things. in my overzealousness to install the custom JPM Coachworks shiftboot and elbow pad in between loads on laundry day, i thought it would be a good idea to use clamps to secure the elbow pad cover while the adhesive dried. i'm going to have to steam/iron out the identations the clamps or order a new cover. this will be my third one! i ordered my first set a couple years ago but never installed them because i forgot to specify that the stitching on my custom seat covers and rewrapped OEM steering wheel are more of a Spa Yellow, not CR Yellow, so they didn't match.

have a few other things that i haven't installed yet, and prob won't get to them for while.

bonus throwback shot because i'm suffering from withdrawals over not driving my S in a few weeks

Old 02-01-2016, 07:49 AM

was able to sneak away for a bit and rectify my knucklehead elbow pad installation. used an iron to smooth out the impressions the clamps made on the cover. got the idea from some Youtube vids of leather repairing i found.

first, i started by steaming the leather (protected by a towel). that worked a little bit, but since i had already attached the cover to the armrest piece, it was difficult to stretch the cover and work out the impressions. i finally said eff it and just took the iron directly to the leather (on delicate setting). to my surprise, it worked pretty well! the heat puckered some of the holes in the perforated leather, but after letting it cool for a bit, i smoothed most of them. it wasn't a perfect repair job, but i'll order another cover eventually. it'll do for now.

sorry, no pics of the cover or shiftboot installed yet. will take some this weekend. hopefully, it won't rain, so i can take the car for a spin. been almost a month.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:24 AM

sorry to whore out another pic of my stuff, but some of you might be interested in this. bought another portable power bank/jumpstarter from Amazon to replace the one i've been using from Costco. the Costco one has an integrated air compressor, but it's 30+ lbs! i carry all kinds of stuff on our roadtrips, so it'll be nice to shed some weight. this new unit came w/a portable air compressor, but it's pretty flimsy. i use the Costco compressor all the time to top off the tires on my and my gfs cars. i doubt this one will stand up to that much use. i'll prob still carry the Costco one on our longer trips.

oh, picked up some new tire gauges from Amazon too. was thinking of getting the VOLK/RAYS one, but not looking to spend $300 on a tire gauge. i'm not running VOLKS anymore either. well, never did on my S. i might someday, but not until i supercharge it.

EDIT: forgot to mention the emergency kit w/the powerbank/jumpstarter and compressor weighs about 7-8 lbs w/the case & accessories, so that's about a savings of 23 lbs or so. that's about the same reduction as when i got my Shorai lightweight battery kit. granted, the battery is up front, so the difference waa more pronounced, but it's still pretty easy to notice when the rear is loaded w/extra ballast too.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you again for the excellent deal on your original yellow stitched shift boot.
Love it.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:32 PM

you're welcome. glad the shiftboot worked for you.

on a sidenote, came across a pretty good BBK deal. not sure if seller is here, but if so, awaiting more your reply w/more info. help ME help YOU!
Old 02-22-2016, 08:57 AM

busy weekend, but managed to snap a few crappy pics of my bucket. was a super nice weekend around the Bay Area. wish i could've gone for a longer drive, but did head over to the Discovery Museum in Sausalito for my nephew's b-day party. cool place if you have or are entertaining kids. it's at Fort Baker, a popular photo spot. nice views of the SF Bay, The City, & Golden Gate Bridge.

didn't get to spend much time out there, as i had to head back to SF after the b-day party. my gf bought us tickets to see The Illusionists at the Orpheum. it was really good! i felt bad cuz she paid full price a while ago. my sis & bro-in law actually saw it the day before on Saturday. they got last minute "Rush" tickets for only $25 each!

anyway, took a quick pic before parking my S back in the garage. got the radiator overflow tank last month from Hanzel.

took a couple awful, installed pics of my carbon fiber, Zoom rearview mirror too. thought i wouldn't like the convex mirror and blue tint, but it doesn't bother me that much. i keep forgetting to put some 303 UV protectant on it tho. hope it doesn't fade.

tried to take installed pics of my JPM Coachworks shiftboot and elbow pad, but they turned out really bad. they were overexposed with the direct sunlight, and i didn't have time to move the car to the shade cuz i didn't want to be late for the Illusionsts show.

have a couple more small things to install, nothing really exciting. well, one of them is kinda neat. gonna take some trial and error to get it right tho. prob will wait a couple months. getting busy w/work and other things lately.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just wondering where do you get the premium carpet and the plate mount lol.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by pc007chan
mats came from a group buy by Hendy Performance, an OEM Honda parts dealer in UK. he's a vendor on here and is on eBay & IG too. a couple hundred other members, incl some here in NorCal, were part of the buy. nicest mats you can get for the s2k.

as for the plate mount, sounds like you mean my towhitch GoPro mount. got it from Modifry. the owner, Bob, makes great products at reasonable prices. he's a member here too, but just go to site to make purchases. not sure what the address is. just Google it.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
Originally Posted by pc007chan' timestamp='1456188166' post='23888074
mats came from a group buy by Hendy Performance, an OEM Honda parts dealer in UK. he's a vendor on here and is on eBay & IG too. a couple hundred other members, incl some here in NorCal, were part of the buy. nicest mats you can get for the s2k.

as for the plate mount, sounds like you mean my towhitch GoPro mount. got it from Modifry. the owner, Bob, makes great products at reasonable prices. he's a member here too, but just go to site to make purchases. not sure what the address is. just Google it.
thx for the info of the mat man

I really mean the license plate mount since its bent to the bumper so i just wondering where you get it, i dont see any similar product on ebay.
I just got my S recently but there is not a holder on mine.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:42 AM

you're welcome. the mats aren't cheap, but they're totally worth it.

the plate mount is just the OEM mount. not everybody runs the front plate, so you don't see them all the time. if you live in or frequent SF, it's just a matter of time for those that don't to get a no front plate ticket. metermaids issue them for parked cars.

Quick Reply: The Neverending Story... My Mod Addiction - Updated: 6/16/16