California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Paintless Dent Removal

Old 03-25-2012, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paintless Dent Removal

Well I was at some party last night and stupid me for not parking a good distance from the house to keep idiots eyeing/touching my S like I always do. It was pouring hard in Santa Cruz and I didn't want to get too soaked so I just parked across the street from the house. After leaving I found this on my car

Doesn't seem like anyone hit it with an object (e.g. car or bat) because the paint is pretty much flawless, so I'm assuming some random person vandalized it. Didn't have any beef with anyone there so I'm guessing a hater.
So my question is could someone direct me to a paintless dent removal body shop and perhaps a guess of how much this repair should run me?

On a good note, I had fun driving to Santa Cruz in the pouring rain
Old 03-25-2012, 05:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like it can be fixed using PDR (find someone with experience) the only negative I could see is the depth of the dent. Some PDR guys can't repair certain dents because of how deep the dent is and causes the metal to flex beyond repair.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:28 PM

take your door panel off and pop it out from the inside, see how it looks like then. if it doesnt bother you then you can save some money.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by chViETnk
take your door panel off and pop it out from the inside, see how it looks like then. if it doesnt bother you then you can save some money.
Yeah I tried that earlier, but the rest of the door was in the way and taking off all the other components is I believe a hassle, but I haven't attempted it yet.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm guessing $100-150 from a PDR guy. They can do amazing stuff. If you have any other dents in the same panel, get them done too - they often only charge another $25 or so per dent.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mooseman
Originally Posted by chViETnk' timestamp='1332736120' post='21543263
Yeah I tried that earlier, but the rest of the door was in the way and taking off all the other components is I believe a hassle, but I haven't attempted it yet.
try one of those plunger things for dents.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chViETnk
Originally Posted by Mooseman' timestamp='1332736287' post='21543272
[quote name='chViETnk' timestamp='1332736120' post='21543263']
try one of those plunger things for dents.
[/quote]
As-seen-on-TV, the Ding King.
Or hell, use the go-pro suction cup mount.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:42 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have some experience with this type of dent and I KNOW a guy who can fix this for you to brand new.

He is in Redwood City and does this professionally on many exotics and expensive cars. He is not your typical remove a small dent guy. He specializes in large big dents that other places would say NO WAY.

I got referred to him by one of my NSX buddies for a dent on my white m3. He explained to me that dents are like art and the same dent in 3 different parts of the e46 m3 door would be 3 different prices based on the reasons he gave me.

Anyways he fixed this really hard dent near my front fender where it creases and after it was done I could not even tell it was there.

He prefers to fix large dents since it might take him one day but the money is better and less driving. He's not cheap but if you want that fixed like new PM me. (P.S. I have no affiliation with the guy, just a happy customer, I think I paid him like $200 for my m3) This was many years ago so hard to remember now.

rick
Old 03-26-2012, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mooseman
Originally Posted by chViETnk' timestamp='1332736120' post='21543263
I wouldn't try it if I were you, you might create all sorts of mini dents and ripples trying to take it out without the experience to know how it will react to the corrective forces you apply. Let someone who is experienced at dent removal do it.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by s4play
I have some experience with this type of dent and I KNOW a guy who can fix this for you to brand new.

He is in Redwood City and does this professionally on many exotics and expensive cars. He is not your typical remove a small dent guy. He specializes in large big dents that other places would say NO WAY.

I got referred to him by one of my NSX buddies for a dent on my white m3. He explained to me that dents are like art and the same dent in 3 different parts of the e46 m3 door would be 3 different prices based on the reasons he gave me.

Anyways he fixed this really hard dent near my front fender where it creases and after it was done I could not even tell it was there.

He prefers to fix large dents since it might take him one day but the money is better and less driving. He's not cheap but if you want that fixed like new PM me. (P.S. I have no affiliation with the guy, just a happy customer, I think I paid him like $200 for my m3) This was many years ago so hard to remember now.

rick
Hey Rick can you pm' his contact please. I don't have a dent now but this sounds like a great contact to have in my phonebook

Quick Reply: Paintless Dent Removal