California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Preferred Lexan window installer for my Vis Mugen style hard top

Old 11-30-2011, 08:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Preferred Lexan window installer for my Vis Mugen style hard top

Hey guys, I’m hoping to utilize your experience here. I ordered a new tinted Lexan rear window and seal for my VIS Mugen hardtop, and now I need to get them installed. Nothing really come up from a search, and the shop directory thread only lists one option that seemed kinda close to what I wanted: M&S Collision body shop. What shops have people used that they would recommend for this job? I don’t mind spending a little more $$ if it means I’ll get a great quality install and the peace of mind to go with it.

Thanks for the input!
Old 11-30-2011, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How's the fitment on your top? Just curious. Did you buy it brand new?
Old 11-30-2011, 01:46 PM

Not sure where ur located. But I had mine done in San Jose. Refered by someone from s2ki. Really happy with it. He used a better window seal then then what I had. I've had no leaks. He even did a vinyl strip around the window so that u can't see the molding from outside the window. I can get u the name of the place if ur interested.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:58 PM

Ap1porvida - Thanks for the feedback, and yes, I am very interested! I am in Santa Clara, so SJ is no problem for me.

Tunerplayground - The top fits really well - all gaps are even and tight. I've been waiting on new upgraded seals and this window, but otherwise I've been happy with it. I got it used off of the SoCal boards.

Originally Posted by Ap1porVida
Not sure where ur located. But I had mine done in San Jose. Refered by someone from s2ki. Really happy with it. He used a better window seal then then what I had. I've had no leaks. He even did a vinyl strip around the window so that u can't see the molding from outside the window. I can get u the name of the place if ur interested.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by j.mart
I got it used off of the SoCal boards.
What'd you pay, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 11-30-2011, 09:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm so its used? I wonder if the previous owner did some work to make it fit. I'm about to order bnib shipped vis mugen rep for a really good price.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VIS tops fits like a glove!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by SoREALemjay
Hmm so its used? I wonder if the previous owner did some work to make it fit. I'm about to order bnib shipped vis mugen rep for a really good price.

Like I posted on Baizas3's page Its a hit and miss if you buy one online and not knowing if the one they send you will fit right .
When I bought my first replica cf HT I went through 4 different boxes at VIS warehouse just to get the right one. I only had access since a buddy of mine worked there at the time. Sold it for $2000.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:07 AM

Yeah. It was actually because of that post that I picked mine up used - I knew that the one I was getting fit well so it seemed like less of a gamble.

Originally Posted by Hanzel28
Originally Posted by SoREALemjay' timestamp='1322720475' post='21200378

Like I posted on Baizas3's page Its a hit and miss if you buy one online and not knowing if the one they send you will fit right .
When I bought my first replica cf HT I went through 4 different boxes at VIS warehouse just to get the right one. I only had access since a buddy of mine worked there at the time. Sold it for $2000.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:19 AM

Got my lexan done on my old HT at this place. I think they only charged me $250 including labor and weather strip.http://www.yelp.com/biz/capitol-glass-works-san-jose

Quick Reply: Preferred Lexan window installer for my Vis Mugen style hard top