California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Those that went to the drive on Sat.

Old 09-10-2001, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those that went to the drive on Sat.

Hey, those of you that were "fortunate" enough to be in on the drive on saturday and those of you who were even more fortunate to run into the "Team Ferrari and friends" group, did any of you actually talk to their drivers and find out more about their group and when they cruise?

I thought it was kind of sad that all the migration of people were from our side of the road to their's and none the other way, but hey, I guess that's only natural
Old 09-10-2001, 03:53 PM

They are an exotic car club. they said something about limiting the membership to cars with limited production (less than 5000 per year).

The NSX guy said "we should get a drive together with the NSX & S2000 clubs." anyone know their website?
Old 09-10-2001, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by passleft
...The NSX guy said "we should get a drive together with the NSX & S2000 clubs." anyone know their website?

I wasn't quite sure if any of "their" people were talking to us since they probably wouldn't be as interested in our rides. HOwever, a joint NSX/s2k cruise would be awesome. I know they've done it elsewhere, but not sure about the Bay Area. Can someone find out? I personally don't know anyone in the NSX club.
Old 09-10-2001, 10:01 PM

Originally posted by What The
How about this?

http://northwest.nsxca.org/
Thanx for the link! It gives us plenty of ideas for our future events!
Old 09-10-2001, 10:11 PM

yes, the nsx club is very organized. did you see the part where they tell you what frequency their radios are on during their group drives?

I think we can get some tips from them. I smell a combined group drive
Old 09-10-2001, 11:57 PM

Hello All,
I am the NSX guy from the Exotic Car Rally III this past Saturday. It was great seeing you guys on the side of the road. What a beautiful sight to behold! Did you all catch up to your group? What roads did you all end up carving the rest of the morning/afternoon?
I think it would be great to have a NSX/S2000 event sometime soon. The Bay Area NSX club meets every first Saturday of the month for lunch, and we usually end up doing a drive afterwards.
"What the" has the correct website. That is our Bay Area local site. Vytas, the guy who runs the site, is a close friend of mine, and is always willing to answer questions. Perhaps he or I can be a liason for a potential event. In addition, if you are at all interested in more info about the car, you can check out www.nsxprime.com. Our forums are very interesting as well.

BTW, this is a picture courtesy of George A Suennen (white Porsche 928 S4). Check out his website... http://sis125.berkeley.edu/928/ev-rally3.html

Take care,
J.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:40 AM

So cool! Although I have one minor suggestion... Can we make this an S2000, NSX & Lotus drive?? I Love those cars!! I want a ride in one...
Old 09-11-2001, 07:51 PM

Hey RedNSX, so you are both member of the NSX club and another Exotic Car club?

I think it would be great to do joint events with either club.

Btw, I love NSX's and would love to see a bunch of them together!

Maybe you guys should check out the Honda Dealer event we are having, do Acura dealer host similar events for the NSX's?
Old 09-11-2001, 09:41 PM

Hey redleader,
I attend a few events held by the NSXCA. The Exotic Car Rally III was a gracious invitation from the Ferrarichat club for exotics (<5000 manufactured per year).
I'm sure a few of the NSX guys would like to attend your Larry Hopkin's Honda event, but we would not like to intrude on your model-specific meet.
We have had events that involved Comptech and various Acura dealers around the bay area. There was even a "show/bbq" at the Capitol Honda dealership recently, although not NSX-specific.

Take care,
J.
Old 09-13-2001, 12:13 PM

Hi, all.

I was at the event and saw you guys along with the Red NSX. I wouldn't mind going for a spin with the S2000 folks, as I drive my TR everyday. I just like driving! Someone please send me an e-mail if you guys go for a spin. Thank you
James

Quick Reply: Those that went to the drive on Sat.