California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Thunderhill Aug 31 -- wanna go?

Old 07-05-2005, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thunderhill Aug 31 -- wanna go?

Many folks are less than pleased that they did not make the cut-off time for the upcoming T.E.A.M. Racing event at Thunderhill (July 18th), and lots were asking about when our next track day was. Well, we really didn't plan on another event this year, thinking three was enough. Based on many inquiries, I consulted the track manager, Shannon Ell.

The date of August 31st -- a Wednesday-- is all that is currently available. After that there are several dates in November and December. I will be glad to reserve us a spot in August (or November, December) if I get 45 committed drivers. I will need to collect money to cover track fees asap to make sure we can reserve the date. At this time,though, I am just wondering if anyone is truly interested. This is not a sit on the fence deal -- I cannot afford to foot the bill. I wish I could . . . but you know how that goes!

So if you are interested . . . please let me know by say . . . July 15th or so. I will compile a list of folks who have shown interest and email them later. As soon as it looks like we have at least 25 committed, I will email you all out a note with pricing info. If I can get at least that 25 by about July 25th, I will stick my neck out and plan another great day at the track for us all to enjoy. Pricing will be economical, but rest assured, we will still have catered lunches, Gatorade, bottled water, snacks, instruction, and at least two hours of track time. Please pass this on to your track addicted buddies! Newbies WELCOME with open arms . . . errr . . . something like that. Please email me at bonni@weatherwax.net if interested, or post here. Thanks for the bandwidth!

Bonni Weatherwax ~ http://www.team-racing.org
"It's not how fast you go, but how big your grin is!"
Old 07-05-2005, 08:41 AM

Any chance of Infineon in the near future Bonni?

(see you 7/18)
Old 07-05-2005, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by foolio,Jul 5 2005, 08:41 AM
Any chance of Infineon in the near future Bonni?

(see you 7/18)
Everyone wants Infineon (including me)! ARGH. I hate to tell you, but unfortunately they are booked solid and the wait list is about three deep. I can try and put in for next year . . . but fair warning, it will be about $250 per driver (that track is rather expensive). I can contact Sears now and see what they might have for 2006, but from experience, I know it will be tough. Sorry. I'll see you July 18th Foolio . . . not as many S2ks this time, though. Rats. They are on my top ten list of fav cars.

BTW -- Thunderhill just emailed that August 10th just became available.

BW
Old 07-05-2005, 07:28 PM

How much will T.Hill be around?
Old 07-06-2005, 09:13 AM

Price? Structure? Track Time? Passing Rules? Can I bring Two Cars?

I am very interested, can always go or more time on the track.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:02 AM

Poop about Infineon. I've been practising my lines in GT4 and I would love to try them in real life.

I love miatas too.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:48 PM

First off, Thunderhill confirmed the 10th date instead of the 31st . . . they sold that date to a film crew (I wonder what car commercial they'll be filming?). So . . . that in mind . . .

Price?

***$190 if we get your registration on or before July 19th, $200 thereafter. I know ten bucks isn't much, but hopefully it will encourage more timely sign ups. I won't be able to sleep well until this event is at least covered.

Structure?

***Three run groups based upon racetrack experience: C group is our novice group, comprised of folks with three or less track days. Instruction is available for 'newbies', and there are morning download sessions (not required, but HIGHLY recommended) to aid in the learning experience, ask questions, talk about experiences, etc.. B group is our intermediate group, consisting of folks either with 4-6 track days, or folks with lots of experience that don't like the open passing in A group. A group is our advanced group, made up of folks with 7+ days experience.

Track Time?

***Two hours divided up among six 20-minute sessions with open track time at the end of the day until 5 PM under B group passing rules.

Passing Rules?

***C groups starts the day off with passing in the main straights only (between 15 and 1 and between 13 and 14). As the day progresses, provided that the group is working well together, passing zones become more liberal. B group can pass initially between 6-8, 8-9, 9-10, 13-14, and 15-1. If all goes well, we might open up passing between 1-2 (tricky, but can safely be executed with proper communication among drivers). A group is open passing as long as the group exemplifies courteous and safe passing etiquette, otherwise they will be running on B group rules (I've actually never had to do this -- seems the threat alone keeps everybody nice).

Can I bring Two Cars?

***If you want to run a car in two separate run groups, we charge for two entries, but we'll cut you a deal. If you want to run two different cars (hopefully not at the same time, lol) in one run group, we in the past have charged $100 -- but now have decided that $50 covers it -- mostly just to cover insurance. That and it does require a little bit more work (i.e., I have to tell the flaggers which car you are in for emergency purposes each time you are out there). If you do decide on taking two cars in one group, please fill out two separate forms to make it a little easier on my feeble brain.

I am very interested, can always go or more time on the track.

***AMEN! Actually, if you're an A or B group driver . . . we had a couple spots open up in each of those groups for our July 18th event. Let me know if you are interested (quick!).

BW
Old 07-10-2005, 04:57 PM

im in, where do I sign up, Ill just be bringing the S2k, the ADVANs for the CTSV arent in and wont be for a month.

Dave
Old 07-11-2005, 10:29 AM

I got 2 or 3 friends wanna come along, how do i sign up?