California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Will car insurance cover this?

Old 08-22-2011, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will car insurance cover this?

Long story short, my car (2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe) has been in the dealership due to engine problems. They finally call me back saying I must have ran over something that hit and bent up my oil pan. It damaged the return line, which starved my engine of oil. Due to that, my engine is done and i need a whole new engine. He said its not covered under the warranty because my oil pan has physical damage and it is not a defect. They told me to call my car insurance, because I hit something while driving. So I did. My car insurance will looking at the car in 2 days.

Heres my question, can my car insurance deny this claim because my car is slightly lowered? I have the enkei springs that drop it like 1.25in i believe. i dont know what to do if car insurance doesnt cover it. I asked the service guy if he thinks itll be covered, and he said yeh it should be. because its like getting into an accident. lowered or not, if you car got into an accident, car insurance will cover it. Just wondering if I can get your second opinion guys. Can anyone chime in? Anyone with a similar event? Thanks in advance.

Kevin
Old 08-22-2011, 05:20 PM

what insurance company do you have? AAA tried to deny me of towing services because they said my car was too low, i had no problem with a recent claim i made because i hit something on the freeway.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:29 PM

Allstate. So you hit something while your car was lowered and they took care of it no problem?
Old 08-22-2011, 06:03 PM

I can't imagine why they wouldn't honor the claim. This sounds like a no brainer to me.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:33 PM

yeah if your car is insured it should be covered. i drove through a puddle in my mazda protege with a cai and hydro locked the engine and bent a rod, insurance got me a new engine, all i had to pay was my $500 deductible.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by S2Kevint
Allstate. So you hit something while your car was lowered and they took care of it no problem?
yes. my car is pretty damn low. they took care of it, no questions asked. although my accident was exterior/suspension damage, nothing engine related.

do you have full coverage on the car?
Old 08-22-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by chViETnk
Originally Posted by S2Kevint' timestamp='1314062990' post='20903521
yes. my car is pretty damn low. they took care of it, no questions asked. although my accident was exterior/suspension damage, nothing engine related.

do you have full coverage on the car?
Yes full coverage.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:50 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

The only thing i can see going wrong is that they will fault you for it and put a point on your insurance record. That will depend on the insurance's part. They usually like having someone at fault so they have someone to bill.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:53 AM

We have Allstate and my brother has a lowered car. No issues with Allstate.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:09 AM

I work at for a dealership and deal with the insurance adjusters all the time. I can say I have RARELY seen them deny a claim unless a) they don't cover that component b) you did the damage yourself. I would not worry about it at this time, the adjuster is going to see the car on the lift anyway (they may never see the car on the ground to know its been lowered), take some pictures and make a report/deal with the dealership on prices and labor amounts.

Just a note : right after I started I had a car with a CAI and the engine was hydro-locked. Insurance paid for the repairs.

Quick Reply: Will car insurance cover this?