California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

2011 sightings thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I need to know what CO is. I am not fat, so I cannot be a state, sorry guys.

Just kidding, but really, what is it? Lol.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 AM

I'm a big iPhone and some Apple software junky with iTunes sync, MobileMe sync etc. Let me know if you guys need help with Apple crap
Old 02-17-2011, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CASTRO,Feb 16 2011, 12:45 PM
^

If he doesn't then I'm sure it'll looks just great in the new garage lol
Good idea John, but it's gonna be framed in my office. I'll photo copy you one though.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by helloimsteve,Feb 17 2011, 10:00 AM
I'm a big iPhone and some Apple software junky with iTunes sync, MobileMe sync etc. Let me know if you guys need help with Apple crap
Apple ftw!!!!!!! Welcome to the club.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:07 AM

Here's a pic of my black V1's. I did a straight trade with a guy in the bay area for V2's.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:09 AM

Apple sucks... Too restrictive on end user use.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:29 AM

Hey! I work for Apple haha.

Fandroid = too many issues with every update!

Sebring Silver is so sexy. I already figured I'm going to black out the amber pieces in the headlight except for that little strip. I forgot the user who did that, but I love it.

So in your guys opinions, I know that changing the suspension set up usually diminishes some performance, but what do you guys think is the best drop for these cars using just springs?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:43 AM

^
Ah, tech guy, likes cars and posts lots of pictures online. Now only thing is that you gotta have a pretty good alki tolerance then you're C/O material LOL

C/O is community organizer btw. You act as a leader for the specific region, get people together, act as a role model or directional leader based on S2ki's behalf etc etc. It's all in the FAQ somewhere. All I know is once I became one I got access to the Hotties section

also you can't be a pushover As you can see, the C/O's have lots of questions/answers debates to go through so be prepared to be put on the spot often haha

Maybe you should come out to a meet sometime
Old 02-17-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by helloimsteve,Feb 17 2011, 11:29 AM
Hey! I work for Apple haha.
I'm sorry you do!

Apple has its own issues so both OS's are the same. If you are gonna mess with the android OS chances are you are a tech geek so you know what you're getting into.

Can't DL apps > 20mbs unless on wifi??? C'mon.

Best drop IMO w/o using a GC set up would be Espelir's. They have the lowest drop. But I would like to say that coilovers are so cheap now that it's almost moot to get springs. It all depends on what you plan to do with the car.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:24 PM

Ooh okay. Well for the 8th Regional West, Sacramento specifically. I always hosted Technical Meets at my house to provide a lot of the members who lives in apartment complexes an opportunity to work on their vehicles.

Had a rule with newbies coming out to the meets first to make sure I am not inviting sketchy people to my home haha.

Please inform me, alki tolerance? You mean alcohol?! HAHA. I'm definitely going to come out to a meet, just have to get my car this weekend at the dealer in San Diego that's waiting for me haha.

SOHC, Apple is a wonderful company to work for despite what people may believe. They pay for my education and they do SO much for their employees here. See that's the thing with Android, it's geared towards a particular person. A Tech geek.

My mother (50 something) would never be able to use an Android, but when I handed her an iPhone for Christmas, she's hooked. She's the type of person that barely knows how to dial out on a cell phone so her texting, picture messaging, googling and playing games sold me dead on the spot. Now I sort of wish I didn't get her one (checks up on me way too much).

You have to realize that a lot of these restrictions that are in place are placed by the carrier for data consumption. AT&T won't allow us to STREAM video chat because it'll eat up the network that they can barely manage. Who knows about Verizon yet, but I'm not for Verizon 1 bit.

Quick Reply: 2011 sightings thread