California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Body Shops..

Old 05-01-2007, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Shops..

Has anyone used Elk Grove Honda or Mel Rapton Honda to get body repairs?? Would you recommend using a Honda dealer over independent body shops??

If you have personal experience with any shops, please let us know the repairs that were done and the pro's or con's.

Its been awhile since one of these threads were started and seems to be a lot of new people on the forums so maybe we can get some new experiences.

I'm also looking for a body shop now.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:37 PM

I'll start...

BERTOLUCCI'S

Repair: Simple bumper replacement and paint
Color: Silverstone

Issue: I'll state prior to this incident, I brought 4 cars to Bertolucci without incident. S2000 was a year old. They could not color match the bumper with original paint. Had them repaint again. When they removed the bumper, they broke the tabs that hold the bumper in on the sides. Complained again about color and fitment. They painted again and said they tried to fit again but was not able to fit it because this is the way Honda designed it. Third time color wasn't perfect (I might have been a little picky) but the bumper should have fit but again said this is the best they could do. I did not find out until 3 years later that the tabs were broken and is why the bumper didn't fit properly.

Now, I need more repairs done and need to find a good shop.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:17 PM

I'm currently getting my car repaired at this shop and i high reccommend it! The guy did some body work on my car before and did an excellent job on paint matching my door to the rest of the car. Now he is paint matching my bumper, hood and fender so hopefully it will come out perfect! I will keep you guys updated about the outcome of the car. He has repaired alot of cars including independent dealerships, a few personal friends of mines and other show cars! More notably the Yellow Celica "bumble bee" of Team Jinsoku...

CONS: He does all the body work and paint at his house but have all the professional tools to do it!
IF he said your car will be ready on Monday, expect it to be finish by Wednesday! LOL he laggs but does a reall good job!

If anyone has any questions or concerns just PM me!

BTW, he charge a reallllly good price!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by futomame,May 1 2007, 01:32 PM
Has anyone used Elk Grove Honda or Mel Rapton Honda to get body repairs?? Would you recommend using a Honda dealer over independent body shops??

If you have personal experience with any shops, please let us know the repairs that were done and the pro's or con's.

Its been awhile since one of these threads were started and seems to be a lot of new people on the forums so maybe we can get some new experiences.

I'm also looking for a body shop now.
i didn't have any problem with EG honda...i got my fender done there. they were real koo about it and gave me a decent time frame to get my car. it was koo EG honda.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:16 AM

One of my boys got work done from Mel Rapton Honda body shop. I'd rate them about a 7 out of 10. Basically he had $14,000 in damage and insurance couldn't total out the car, so everything was resprayed besides the hood & trunk, the color matches and no problem with the shine or cracking.
There was major damage to one of the doors and after they fixed it, it didn't quite line up like original. I believe the center console was scrathed up. They had to replace like 3 rims and one of the tires was a different model. And it took forever for his car to be done. Something like over 2 months I think.

I've personally have experience with Mach Autobody. He has done all the body work on my car and I will continue to go to him. Spoon bumper, Cwest carbon fenders, Spoon hood, and shaved mirrors were all done by this shop and I am very happy with the work. He also did all this in 2 weeks while working on JETs S2000 at the same time! And his price is what makes it even better, basically what other shops would have charged me to fix just one oem fender, all my parts were done with $500 to spare! Most shops won't even work on a car with aftermarket parts nor garuntee it.
He garuntees his work and will be more than happy to fix anything if you are unsatisfied. There are many more people who can vouch if you need it. Thats Mach Auto body and his name is Andy 916 455-3053 Located off Power Inn and Fruitridge. Just tell him Andrew with the yellow Spoon S2000 refered you.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by SDUECE,May 2 2007, 08:16 AM
One of my boys got work done from Mel Rapton Honda body shop. I'd rate them about a 7 out of 10. Basically he had $14,000 in damage and insurance couldn't total out the car, so everything was resprayed besides the hood & trunk, the color matches and no problem with the shine or cracking.
There was major damage to one of the doors and after they fixed it, it didn't quite line up like original. I believe the center console was scrathed up. They had to replace like 3 rims and one of the tires was a different model. And it took forever for his car to be done. Something like over 2 months I think.

I've personally have experience with Mach Autobody. He has done all the body work on my car and I will continue to go to him. Spoon bumper, Cwest carbon fenders, Spoon hood, and shaved mirrors were all done by this shop and I am very happy with the work. He also did all this in 2 weeks while working on JETs S2000 at the same time! And his price is what makes it even better, basically what other shops would have charged me to fix just one oem fender, all my parts were done with $500 to spare! Most shops won't even work on a car with aftermarket parts nor garuntee it.
He garuntees his work and will be more than happy to fix anything if you are unsatisfied. There are many more people who can vouch if you need it. Thats Mach Auto body and his name is Andy 916 455-3053 Located off Power Inn and Fruitridge. Just tell him Andrew with the yellow Spoon S2000 refered you.
I've heard good reviews on his shop also, i think the shop change its name TnT autobody i believe. My friend went there and got his JDM itr front end install and was very satisfy with the installation and how it took incredible fast.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by SDUECE,May 2 2007, 08:16 AM

DEALERSHIPS
Old 05-02-2007, 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=SDUECE,May 2 2007, 08:16 AM]I've personally have experience with Mach Autobody.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by weak_sauce,May 2 2007, 08:03 AM
I've heard good reviews on his shop also, i think the shop change its name TnT autobody i believe. My friend went there and got his JDM itr front end install and was very satisfy with the installation and how it took incredible fast.
yes indeed, their name is now TnT and today I just dropped off my S for a bumper replacement, i will see how it turns out
Old 06-06-2007, 11:16 AM

it turned out that they did a wonderful job! color match was perfect and now my car looks like new!

Quick Reply: Body Shops..