California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Fun roads just west of sacramento in yolo and solano county.

Old 04-30-2002, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun roads just west of sacramento in yolo and solano county.

I was going to post this in the "Favorite Roads" area of the Library section, but it doesn't appear to be open yet. So, I'm put it here before I lose what I typed.

Some fun driving roads just west of Sacramento in Yolo and Solano counties.

Take I80 to Hwy 113 head north toward Woodland. Exit at Hutchinson Dr (just under a mile). Turn left (west). Drive (watch for bikes) until Hutchinson Dr ends at Pedrick Rd (about 1 mile). Turn right (north) on Pedrick. Another quarter mile to Russell Blvd.

Turn left (west) on Russell . First mile is straight. You'll come up on a row of trees and a "Y" intersection, go right. Now the road does some nice sharp turns over the next mile or so. Lot's of opportunity to downshift, then accelerate. This road ends at County Road 31.

A quick return back is: Turn right (back east) on County Rd 31. This is nice place to go fast. A long sweeping turn left and sweep right over a bridge. After the bridge another mile to Road 95. Watch for Yolo County Airport sign. Turn left (north). Another mile (past the airport) to Road 29, turn right (east). This road goes straight for a mile, but then has some nice sharp 'S' curves and a very narrow bridge, so watch out. Just past the bridge and a sharp left is Pedrick road again.

The longer way back is: Turn left (west) on County Rd 31. Go through Winters (about 2 miles), then drive toward the mountains. The road you were on (Russell Blvd) turns into Hwy 128 in Winters. Stay on 128 until you round a wide curve to the right, down a little grade and an intersection with a little grocery store on the left. This should be Pleasant Valley Rd. Obviously, if you keep going on 128 here, you'd end up in Napa, going past the dam. (I assume everybody knows about THAT route).

However, turn left on Pleasant Valley Rd which goes back to I80. Pleasant Valley is a nice turning road with good scenery.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the post... new to the forum and got the S2K a few months ago.

Always looking for curves close by to unlease the VTEC growl.
Old 05-08-2002, 08:16 AM

Received 240 Likes on 195 Posts

If you