California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

run to the delta

Old 04-13-2002, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default run to the delta

I want to thank everyone that showed up last night. We all had a great time and were treated like royalty at the hotel. We only had twelve total people show up but it was a beautiful top down ride down there and cocktails on the veranda overlooking the river at sunset. Wow! Dinner was also great but the most important aspect was the people that came along and had a great evening because of this wonderful car we all own. We had some new members show up, like Gene and Grace , Mark, Jackie and Donnie and of course Rob and Shannon who finally made it down there. I'm just amazed that everyone that we meet in this club is just good people and I'm proud to know all of them. I am somewhat disappointed tha more members didn't show up but maybe because of the Friday night aspect. We all have to get ready for S2k days in June so I propose that we get together in the next month for a Texas BBQ at my house and really have big turnout!! What night of the weekend is better to have this function for all of you? I live on a court and have room for at least 50 cars in safety. What are all of your thoughts?
Old 04-13-2002, 09:12 AM

Did someone say BBQ? Sorry it was a little far for us to come up on a Friday night, but if you do any more runs into the foothills or along the river etc...we'll do our best to come back up!

Sounds like last night was alot of fun, sorry we couldn't make it. But a weekend bbqwould work I think
Old 04-13-2002, 10:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wanted to thank you all for coming as well. I apologize for coming so late, but I am so glad I was able to go and meet so many cool people. The Ryde Hotel was nice...the food was great! I am disappointed that I missed the drive down there...I understand it was beautiful. I really enjoyed myself on the way home. Blair, I agree. What a special car we own...to think it has the ability to unite a bunch of people and create a family bond. I can't wait until the next meet. Blair, a BBQ would be awesome....followed by a nice drive, of course!! Let's get the date set ASAP so that I can request that day off. I like Sundays...how about the 26th? Whatever help/planning/preparations you may need...let me know. I will gladly help. By the way...I still owe you beer!!
Old 04-13-2002, 10:37 AM

Hi Blair and all,
I wish I could have made it last night. Let's set a date soon for our next meet. Sundays work for me too.

Perhaps we should start meeting monthly now that the weather is nice. For example we could meet the first sunday of each month with possible mini meets between. I'm always up for a sunday drive
Old 04-13-2002, 11:15 AM

A Saturday or Sunday evening would be great. Too bad I could not be there last night, sounds like everyone had a great time. Did anyone get any group shots of all the owners and cars?
Old 04-13-2002, 12:17 PM

Sounds like you folks had a great time last night. I was stuck in the bay area on business Friday so there was no chance of making it. A BBQ is an excellent idea Blair! Any day on the weekend is fine with me.

s2kbug: I agree...we should meet regularly. Sundays work best for me
Old 04-13-2002, 01:24 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PaulS2K
[B]Sounds like you folks had a great time last night.
Old 04-13-2002, 04:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to all those that could not make last nite
We had a great drive and great company. We all have the same feeling for the car, may we be men or women. I enjoy how we all seem to get along and enjoy being around other "S" owners. It was alot of fun to meet the "new" owners and see that their excitement is where ours still is....I hope it is never ending.
I look forward to getting together again with this group and meeting the new ones yet to come.
Thanks Blair, and Station, you guys picked a great spot for dinner and a beautiful drive.

Tim & Camille
Old 04-13-2002, 04:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tim & Camille,

Thanks for joining us. It was very nice to meet you both. Shannon still swears she knows you from somewhere. I look forward to seeing you at Blair's BBQ...Blair will post more details soon. Stay tuned.
Old 04-14-2002, 01:50 PM

I would have to agree. The run was so cool, especially with the black s2ks running in groups. That was dope. Cool place to have drinks too with cool peple. Yeah, I'm down for the BBQ. Let's make a run in the city sometime, I just love the attention.

I hope the photos will turn out good. I will be posting the pics if the quality is worth sharing. I'm sure my sister's camera took good shots. Crossing fingers.

Blair, would you direct all of us on the specs on the benefits on joining the club? Thanks.

Quick Reply: run to the delta