California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

2002 are here

Old 10-12-2001, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not_a_z3 what dealer would this be in san diego,ca i was onyl able to find a couple in ball honda i got one red but i really wanted white what dealer are u talking about.lates-dave
Old 10-12-2001, 01:25 AM

cbeyond personally i just could not go any longer without a s2000 i ended up paying around 40,000 it had a bunch of factory add ons spoilers,cd changer,etc.. i knoe i payed way over but dude i couldnt wait i really didnt feel like driving far for one plus i really wanted either the white one or the silver i ended up with a red one which is fine but sometimes beyond u get desperate. personally i have no patience so ? well good bye-dave
Old 10-12-2001, 09:17 AM

I think we should see some dealers selling at msrp especially since they're producing 8000 this year for US market
Old 10-12-2001, 09:20 AM

hey yoshi234, like i said just talk to Richard Enos. I waited from march to July to get mine at MSRP. Now, do the math. Can you save up 5000 to 10000 in 4 to 5 months? I would wait if i could save that much money if all i have to do is wait. Just keep looking and ask Richard Enos that u would wait for the next s2000 that's coming in and ask him not to put on any options. that's what i did and i feel i really got good deals for just waiting.

*CBeyond Thanks for the great suggestion Verone. What I don't understand is this: If there really are dealers in the southern half of the state who will sell at MSRP, why would ANYONE buy an S2000 for $5,000 - $10,000 over? Who out there is supporting this pricing?

Yes, i believe there are a lot of rich people(especially older ones) who doesn't care about spending few extra thousand dollars and don't care about getting ripped off. That's what is keeping the prices high. Please STOP DOING THIS NOW so the younger people could get theirs at MSRP or even less. Thank you.
Old 10-12-2001, 11:25 AM

Originally posted by ssanae77
Yes, i believe there are a lot of rich people(especially older ones) who doesn't care about spending few extra thousand dollars and don't care about getting ripped off. That's what is keeping the prices high. Please STOP DOING THIS NOW so the younger people could get theirs at MSRP or even less. Thank you.
Well I'm 35, and I don't consider myself especially young. I can afford to buy an S2000, but it wouldn't matter to me how wealthy I was. I don't want to slip $10,000 into the pocket of an automobile dealer just for the priviledge of buying a car from them. I mean that's a hell of a tip, and considering the quality of their service, I don't think they deserve it. I would refuse to pay that much on general principles because I think they already make plenty of profit on MSRP. Sorry for preaching to the choir, but this gets me steamed thinking about it.
Old 10-12-2001, 12:25 PM

Couple of thoughts boys.

I bought my silver/red S2K fresh off the truck with the front and rear spoilers installed for $33 . Net/net I got the car for slightly under MSRP. I got my car back in March of this year.

Before you guys start bombarding me with emails (always happens when I post about this) the sales manager that I dealt directly with no longer works at the dealership that I bought from. My point is that the cars can be had at or under MSRP even here in sunny south orange county.

DO NOT pay over MSRP. Doing so only feeds the beast and pads the pockets of these greedy shitheads.

On another note, in the last day or so I read on line (I think it was on temple of vtec fron a Honda press release) that Honda sold 9,900 S2K's in the states last year. This is important because it is way more than we have all been hearing as available. It is also important becuase Honda has said that it will bring more here for 2002. This should help you in your arguments with greedy dealers.

Finally, don't pay extra for the add ons. Most of them can be had cheaper from Trevor at H&A accessories (one of this board's sponsors) with the same warranty at a much better price than the dealerships are gouging for. $1,100 for a CD changer? You are out of your mind if you pay that much for a $150 retail product.

Good luck and good hunting.
Old 10-13-2001, 01:03 AM

yo ssanae77 when u really want something u dont care about price. dude im 18 im not that old so if u really want the car put up a few extra buks dude. lates-----dave (now im loking forward to the acura rsx type R cant wait to have the s2k and the R sitting next to each other heheh)
Old 10-14-2001, 05:07 PM
ayS

Hi Everyone,
can someone tell me where are some good dealerships that sell at msrp? everywhere from san diego to los angeles dealerships. thanks everyone. i plan on getting a 02' s2k very soon.
Old 10-18-2001, 04:23 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ayS
[B]Hi Everyone,
Old 10-18-2001, 07:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not try haggling? I got mine down to MSRP from 5k over at Costa Mesa Honda.

Also if you buy, don't let anyone wash the car. Tell them you want the car with the protective covering still on. Costa Mesa Honda scratched my car on delivery not to mention the swirl marks they put on while drying the car.

Quick Reply: 2002 are here