California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Alignment

Old 07-06-2009, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment

I am thinking of taking my daily driver to a Firestone store for their lifetime alignment service. Have you guys had any experience on this? Is this not a good idea? I don't want to spend too much on the car as it is my beater. Any info is much appreciated.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's like $129 right? How often do you need an alignment?
Old 07-06-2009, 02:05 PM

I've had one experience with a local Firestone in Anaheim - well, more specifically my BUDDY had an experience with them.

We both went there to get an alignment as we installed coilovers onto his Civic and new camber arms onto mine. Lucky for me, he went first. When they moved his car onto the lift they caught his lip on part of the ramp and cracked it. I should note at this point that we spoke with a service rep and made it very clear that both cars were modified. The service rep assured us both it wouldn't be an issue and that they've worked on modified(lowered) cars before. Anyways, a long heated debate ensues between my buddy and the manager. Manager wins. After they align his car, the worker drives it out of the bay and shatters three of the four neon tubes attached to the underbody of his car(yes, my buddy had neons. it was a civic afterall). Exhausted from arguing before, my buddy just leaves steaming mad.

The manager asks me for my keys so they can do my car next and needless to say, I decline and leave with my buddy.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by alexisthemovie,Jul 6 2009, 02:03 PM
I think it's like $129 right? How often do you need an alignment?
Yeah, it's $129 for lifetime alignment. I am not sure how often I will need an alignment, but just going twice will pay for itself.

If not Firestone, do you guys recommend some other spots? I called a few places, including one recommended by a member here but when I called, it was too much. I am looking to spend around 60-70.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Celcius,Jul 6 2009, 02:05 PM
I've had one experience with a local Firestone in Anaheim - well, more specifically my BUDDY had an experience with them.

We both went there to get an alignment as we installed coilovers onto his Civic and new camber arms onto mine. Lucky for me, he went first. When they moved his car onto the lift they caught his lip on part of the ramp and cracked it. I should note at this point that we spoke with a service rep and made it very clear that both cars were modified. The service rep assured us both it wouldn't be an issue and that they've worked on modified(lowered) cars before. Anyways, a long heated debate ensues between my buddy and the manager. Manager wins. After they align his car, the worker drives it out of the bay and shatters three of the four neon tubes attached to the underbody of his car(yes, my buddy had neons. it was a civic afterall). Exhausted from arguing before, my buddy just leaves steaming mad.

The manager asks me for my keys so they can do my car next and needless to say, I decline and leave with my buddy.
Thanks for the story. My car is all stock and is my daily. I just need to get the car aligned so I don't wear out my tires prematurely.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went to Temple City Auto Repair.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:26 AM

Temple City Auto Repaird is the way to go

Ask for Henry, and let him know that you were referred by TOPDOWN, and they'll take good care of you.

Fred
Old 07-07-2009, 01:32 AM

Anyone know if this is lifetime by CAR? or by person? how does this work

ive had 2 alignments that only lasted me like 3 months so far. im tired of shelling out $80 each time
Old 07-07-2009, 01:56 AM

How are your alignments being thrown out of whack so quickly? Changing parts, or driving? Many have gone to Temple City Auto, and if there were no new mods that would affect the alignment, nothing went bad
Old 07-07-2009, 02:11 AM

how much do they charge?

Is their rack slammed-car friendly?

Quick Reply: Alignment