California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Big Thank You To Everybody @ Mega Meet 4!

Old 08-23-2004, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamcation,Aug 23 2004, 08:03 PM
I am just glad your ok, Ian. I am glad Paul saw you climbing out of the mountain. We're here for you anytime. Lots of

-Wendy
Thanks you guys!!
Old 08-23-2004, 08:13 PM

[QUOTE=THX723,Aug 23 2004, 08:03 PM] Ian,
That's one crazy story you can tell forever!
Old 08-23-2004, 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=exa4driver,Aug 23 2004, 05:33 PM]Just glad to see that you were ok
Old 08-23-2004, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Corona_S2K,Aug 23 2004, 09:25 PM
When we came around that corner that is exactly what Paula said "Oh my god Ian saw someone go over the edge." You were standing there and there was still dust in the air. When we stopped behind Peter and he said it was your car ..... oh my god I couldn't believe it.

The car is a machine that can be replaced. A fine young man such as yourself cannot. Your OK and we thank the lord for that. At this point bro that is ALL that counts.

Dave & Paula
Thanks u 2. "A fine young man like", I wish. Thanks though!! U 2 are such nice people, m glad I had the chance to meet u 2!! How's the car??
Old 08-23-2004, 09:38 PM

The car is great and we are looking forward to seeing you and your "date" at the poker run.

Don't sell yourself short kiddo, you are a fine young man!
Old 08-23-2004, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Corona_S2K,Aug 23 2004, 09:38 PM
The car is great and we are looking forward to seeing you and your "date" at the poker run.

Hahaha...they said, "date". Thanks again!!
Old 08-23-2004, 10:20 PM

Ian whats up this is Peter "Evil EVO" glad to see your ok and its nice to see that you can joke about it. I was looking at the pix you sent us, man thats crazy. I cant believe that you even thought about jumping out, most people would have been panicing and would have most likely have gone down with the car.

Once again, glad to see that your doing fine and will be able to join us at more events (just no more canyon runs for you )
Old 08-23-2004, 10:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Corona_S2K,Aug 23 2004, 10:38 PM

Yeah Ian, don't sell yourself short, we love you like a sister...*G*...

r,
Old 08-23-2004, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by S2000_IAN,Aug 23 2004, 07:50 PM
Go ahead and post it Oatnet. I want to see how I went over!!
Well, I can't show you _when_ you went over - but I can show you what the world looked like when you were probably FREAKING out.

So here it is - I started the video one curve back, go down the straightaway, and then into Ian's curve. There are dark skidmarks that I don't think are Ians, and some light skidmarks that dance up to two tire tracks going up onto the sand, and then Ian in a red hat walking on the right side of the road. Shortly thereafter we all hit the brakes hard, and you'll see the Black Berlina on the left with someone running (to pick up something he dropped, I thought...) And at the end you'll hear my reaction when I realize the full horror of the situation, when I see people running and looking over the edge and I realize that someone has gone into that steep deep canyon.

Ian, I am so glad you are OK.

As I mentioned before, I get charged for traffic above a certain amount, so please just load this once - save it to your hard drive by doing this:

PLEASE RIGHT CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW AND CHOOSE "SAVE TARGET AS"

This is the video (@15mb):
http://www.koxco.net/s2k/mm4/mm4_ian_6_320.avi

These are two pictures from across the canyon. From analyzing the video where the tire tracks go over the edge, I see the tree with the broken top and the oddly shaped boulder. I was able to find these objects in the pictures I took from across the canyon, and I crudely marked them with red lines (best I could do) pointing to the top of the broken treetop, it must have snapped off when Ian's car hit it. I left these full scale so that you can appreciate how steep and deep the the drop was... My pictures don't even show the bottom. The pictures are about 2mb each.

PLEASE RIGHT CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW AND CHOOSE "SAVE TARGET AS"

http://www.koxco.net/s2k/mm4/ians_cliff_marked_1.jpg
http://www.koxco.net/s2k/mm4/ians_cliff_marked_2.jpg
Old 08-24-2004, 06:57 AM

Ian, glad you are ok pal. I just remember coming around the turn with the Silver Group and seeing all these people looking over the cliff. I remember thinking "oh god, I hope whoever is ok". I know I was supposed to keep going but something inside just would not let me. Anyways, so glad you are ok. You are one hell of a brave man and I give you much respect. I wish you a speedy insurance process and I hope to see you driving an S at upcoming events. Take care buddy!

Ryan

Quick Reply: Big Thank You To Everybody @ Mega Meet 4!