California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Big Thank You To Everybody @ Mega Meet 4!

Old 08-25-2004, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should seriously call a lawyer. It dont mean you have to obtain one, but it will let the insurance know you're serious about it.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hockey,Aug 25 2004, 11:31 AM
I couldn't leave you Ian (even though we were supposed to keep moving along)
Ya know David, I feel this. I was running toward the far side of the cliff and people lots of other people were yelling, screaming, at me to go back. Most people were intimidated back into their car, and part of me was worried about parking people in. OTOH I was thinking about what I had in the trunk, tow/climbing rope etc and what might need to be done. I had just reached the cliff when I heard the driver (Ian) was out and OK...

Not criticising B/C or Team Leads or others - they were following the established rules of the meet, and moving (what in ordinary situations would be) gawkers such as myself out of harms way - and I don't think after 3 safe MegaMeets anyone anticipated this type of problem, or what it could have been without that tree, and the type of response it might need.

Something for the next meet, a lesson learned: for a fender bender, two-cars-stop makes sense. For something severe, a cliff dive, CPR needed, etc, the combined resources of the meet might yield a better response. A decision best made by B/C the team leads. Is there an EMT or Dr in the house?

-JD

PS - Ian, there were a lot of people putting themselves into your shoes last Sunday. I keep picturing myself going straight over that edge, and in horror thinking 'damn what have I done, no way to survive this' on the way down. I just didn't calculate that level of risk into my day, but obviously it is there. Mostly I think about the 2d of inertia of impact, but now I need to factor in the 3d of cliffs.

Old 08-25-2004, 09:50 PM

which is exactly why I chose not to go on the run. I didnt get a chance to get new tires before the meet and was running on low tread. It could have been me, and I'm not as quik of a thinker as Ian, not to mention I would have had a passenger.

My heart sank when I heard the news. I was glad to see him though standing on the walkway back at the hotel though.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by oatnet,Aug 25 2004, 09:43 PM
PS - Ian, there were a lot of people putting themselves into your shoes last Sunday. I keep picturing myself going straight over that edge, and in horror thinking 'damn what have I done, no way to survive this' on the way down. I just didn't calculate that level of risk into my day, but obviously it is there. Mostly I think about the 2d of inertia of impact, but now I need to factor in the 3d of cliffs.
Wow a lot of people trying to fit in my shoes, thats a lot of peole!! Don't think were all going to fit!! Try not picture urselfs in my position guys, u'll just freak urself out. Just take it easy on the runs and watch for freakin sand!!
Old 08-25-2004, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Quik S2K,Aug 25 2004, 09:50 PM
which is exactly why I chose not to go on the run.
My heart sank when I heard the news. I was glad to see him though standing on the walkway back at the hotel though.
It's good you didn't go on the run especially with those tires!! I was glad to see the both of u, actually glad to see everybody!!