California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Experience with King Motorsports' Authentic Mugen windows?

Old 09-07-2017, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with King Motorsports' Authentic Mugen windows?

Has anyone bought the king motorsports' authentic mugen hardtop replacement window?
Old 09-07-2017, 01:37 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

King is the lead and maybe only US retailer of Mugen parts. you cannot go wrong when ordering from there.

Given the price is steep for the window for a authentic Mugen one. Evasive has their own that they make for 1/3 the price.
both the evasive and mugen window will only work on the authentic mugen hardtop. Reps use a different window.

EVS Tuning Rear Smoked Plexiglass for Mugen Hardtop | Evasive Motorsports
Old 09-07-2017, 04:19 PM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by RussianHammer
King is the lead and maybe only US retailer of Mugen parts. you cannot go wrong when ordering from there.

Given the price is steep for the window for a authentic Mugen one. Evasive has their own that they make for 1/3 the price.
both the evasive and mugen window will only work on the authentic mugen hardtop. Reps use a different window.

EVS Tuning Rear Smoked Plexiglass for Mugen Hardtop Evasive Motorsports
is there a difference in quality between the EVS plexiglass and the one sold by King? Would anyone happen to know the average cost for a professional installation?
Old 09-07-2017, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by RussianHammer

EVS Tuning Rear Smoked Plexiglass for Mugen Hardtop Evasive Motorsports
No doubt here King being the only Mugen distributor in NA. I've asked King and was told it was an authentic mugen part and that it was exactly the same as the window and seal that comes with the hardtop. Looking at the pictures, however, the new seals don't have that bottom notch for the rope attachment and doesn't look as thick as the original seal.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:55 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnightdennis
is there a difference in quality between the EVS plexiglass and the one sold by King? Would anyone happen to know the average cost for a professional installation?
I wouldn't know install cost as it is something you can do yourself. It is not too hard.

Mugen plexi isnt that great to start with, so im sure whatever evs offers will be on par.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:24 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Why the need for a new window? I was looking into replacing mine and found out that the light scratches -that developed from washing- can be polished out and then ceramic coated for a long-term fix.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:23 PM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Mugen_is_best
Why the need for a new window? I was looking into replacing mine and found out that the light scratches -that developed from washing- can be polished out and then ceramic coated for a long-term fix.
well my used mugen hardtop has more than just light scratches. Can you detail the process/products you used? Thanks
Old 09-09-2017, 12:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnightdennis
well my used mugen hardtop has more than just light scratches. Can you detail the process/products you used? Thanks
I do not personally own an authentic Mugen Hardtop (or any hardtop for the matter), but seeing as it is plexiglass, any plastic polishing compound, such as PlastiX or similar, should be able to remove most scratches that don't catch your finger, followed up by a ceramic coating like CarPro CQuartz, Nanolex Si-Shield, etc should be sufficient to protecting the window from future scratches, UV rays, as well as creating a hydrophobic surface!

@Neurotic_artist on instagram did a ceramic coating for a member's authentic mugen window if you don't want to do it yourself.
The following users liked this post:
Midnightdennis (09-09-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by spontaneous123
I do not personally own an authentic Mugen Hardtop (or any hardtop for the matter), but seeing as it is plexiglass, any plastic polishing compound, such as PlastiX or similar, should be able to remove most scratches that don't catch your finger, followed up by a ceramic coating like CarPro CQuartz, Nanolex Si-Shield, etc should be sufficient to protecting the window from future scratches, UV rays, as well as creating a hydrophobic surface!

@Neurotic_artist on instagram did a ceramic coating for a member's authentic mugen window if you don't want to do it yourself.
Does he provide a DIY? Don't have instagram.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blaS2K
Does he provide a DIY? Don't have instagram.
No DIY, he does it professionally.

Quick Reply: Experience with King Motorsports' Authentic Mugen windows?