California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

I did it... Bought a house.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did it... Bought a house.

Well, I could no longer stand apartment life, especially an apartment without a garage, so I bought a house.

I have a good feeling about the place, but am concerned that rising interest rates will trigger lower property values. I locked into a 30-year at 5.375%, so at least I'll be okay should rates creep up any more.

Anyway, I wanted to escape the rat race of the valley, so I bought in Mt. Baldy. All my friends are asking me, "Why did you go an do that?". Let's see, it's peaceful, the air is clean, the people are friendly, and I am within walking distance to a bar/restaurant. Plus, I am in S heaven, as I get to drive the twisties to and from work every day.

I wanted to send an open invitation to anyone who wants to stop by if they are ever in the area. If I get motivated I may even organize a drive, as there are some fun roads that connect Mt. Baldy to Azusa.

My place is on the corner of Mt. Baldy road (the main road that goes into the village) and Bear Drive. I'm north of the little school, and south of the post office. It's really small, less than 800 sq. ft., but it has a 2-car garage and the property backs up to a small stream (which apparently I own).

I was sent to Europe by my company, so I haven't even spent the night in my new place. My g/f is up there putting everything in order, and I'm looking forward to spending some time there this weekend.

I just wanted to share this with a great bunch of people, and hope you stop by if you are ever in the neighborhood.

Take care,
Brant
Old 10-08-2005, 11:43 PM

Congrats on the new house!!!

Kind regards,
Joe
Old 10-09-2005, 12:48 AM

That is awesome!!

Congrats sixone
Old 10-09-2005, 02:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats!!!!

how much? maybe we can be neighbors as i am looking for something also,
Old 10-09-2005, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by meth,Oct 9 2005, 02:49 AM
congrats!!!!

how much? maybe we can be neighbors as i am looking for something also,
Hi Meth,

I paid $380K. The house next door to me just sold. If you were quick we could really have been neighbors. If I see anything come up for sale I'll let you know.

Brant
Old 10-09-2005, 08:13 AM
Kel

Congrats! You are a Home owner now!
Old 10-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Crash or not, if you're happy for at least 10 years,... then you're ok.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:26 AM

Congrats to another home owner! One thing that will de-stress your life is to remember that you bought your house as a place to live, NOT as an investment. If you are going to always look at the worth of your house, you will go insane. Don't do it. Enjoy it for what it is: your kingdom!

Well, HER kingdom.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sixone,Oct 8 2005, 11:55 PM
Well, I could no longer stand apartment life, especially an apartment without a garage, so I bought a house.

I have a good feeling about the place, but am concerned that rising interest rates will trigger lower property values. I locked into a 30-year at 5.375%, so at least I'll be okay should rates creep up any more.

Anyway, I wanted to escape the rat race of the valley, so I bought in Mt. Baldy. All my friends are asking me, "Why did you go an do that?". Let's see, it's peaceful, the air is clean, the people are friendly, and I am within walking distance to a bar/restaurant. Plus, I am in S heaven, as I get to drive the twisties to and from work every day.

I wanted to send an open invitation to anyone who wants to stop by if they are ever in the area. If I get motivated I may even organize a drive, as there are some fun roads that connect Mt. Baldy to Azusa.

My place is on the corner of Mt. Baldy road (the main road that goes into the village) and Bear Drive. I'm north of the little school, and south of the post office. It's really small, less than 800 sq. ft., but it has a 2-car garage and the property backs up to a small stream (which apparently I own).

I was sent to Europe by my company, so I haven't even spent the night in my new place. My g/f is up there putting everything in order, and I'm looking forward to spending some time there this weekend.

I just wanted to share this with a great bunch of people, and hope you stop by if you are ever in the neighborhood.

Take care,
Brant
Nice Who did you go through to get that rate? Very good IMO
Old 10-09-2005, 06:17 PM

Congrats....

Quick Reply: I did it... Bought a house.