California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

I need a 2nd part-time job bad! Anyone please?

Old 09-11-2008, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a 2nd part-time job bad! Anyone please?

So with my schedule at my current job being so wierd and I dont have a set schedule each week, it differs each week, but I only work 1 or 2 days a week if that! It slow at my work. Im a longshoreman in downtown Long Beach and Im not a full timer yet, not for another year atleast! Does anyone know or have a flexible job they can offer me which would work around my current job? Or maybe even a job that allows me to work from home or online? Or even a 1-time gig? I would very much appreciate it. Im even in the process of trying to sell my car.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:51 PM

try disney I think they might still be hireing
Old 09-11-2008, 11:31 PM
beb

There should be some Per Diem jobs on craigslist if you search hard enough.

All the longshoreman I know dont find out their schedules till the same day or day before, is that your case? If you have at least a weeks notice, I could help you get a PT job in Harbor City.... I know its not OC and traffic sucks - but if you really need a job PM me and I can give you details.

VERY chill job... pay is 'meh' but its still money!
Old 09-12-2008, 12:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beb,Sep 12 2008, 12:31 AM
There should be some Per Diem jobs on craigslist if you search hard enough.
(Insert dirty joke here)
Old 09-12-2008, 06:10 AM
beb

Originally Posted by s2k_dreams,Sep 12 2008, 01:09 AM
(Insert dirty joke here)
(Insert 'shut up' here)

Old 09-12-2008, 06:37 AM

I would say try UPS/Fed ex/DHL.

People automatically start as part-timers. Also work weird hours, give them a try.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:08 AM
beb

Originally Posted by latinochino,Sep 12 2008, 07:37 AM
I would say try UPS/Fed ex/DHL.

People automatically start as part-timers. Also work weird hours, give them a try.
UPS just laid off almost 30% of their workforce.... I dont think any of those companies are hiring....
Old 09-12-2008, 07:30 AM

i also need a part time job..you know honestly markets are usually always hiring..i really wouldnt mind doing stock and inventory..longshoreman? nice i work at a trucking company..yea a girl that works part time here also works at the ports and in the beginning her hours sucked! and they always called her the day they needed her so she never knew when she was off or had work..anyways GL with the 2nd job search!
Old 09-12-2008, 07:33 AM

thanks ya'll! Will keep some of this in mind. Ya Im a longshoreman part time at the shipping ports and we dont know till we work until the day before or day of. We dont get called in, but we call an automated tapeline which tells us when we will work based on what group number we are. We gotta do this for 2-5 years depending on how committed you go. Then they take u in full time depending on who showed up the most. Its a crappy deal at first, but worth it when they take u in full time.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Apex_AP1,Sep 12 2008, 07:33 AM
thanks ya'll! Will keep some of this in mind. Ya Im a longshoreman part time at the shipping ports and we dont know till we work until the day before or day of. We dont get called in, but we call an automated tapeline which tells us when we will work based on what group number we are. We gotta do this for 2-5 years depending on how committed you go. Then they take u in full time depending on who showed up the most. Its a crappy deal at first, but worth it when they take u in full time.
helllll yeaaaa its worth it in the long run..damn union..hahaha everythings so slow these days...sucks...anyways hope everything goes better and you get more hours!

Quick Reply: I need a 2nd part-time job bad! Anyone please?