California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Just started working at Galpin Motors

Old 07-02-2013, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just started working at Galpin Motors

So after not working for 6 months and almost losing my mind in the process. I finally got a new job! yay for me right?

Anyways just wanted to post in here I've had 3 S2000's myself all AP1 (Silverstone/BB/GPW)The GPW is my DD currently... sorry ap2 guys, ap1 MOAR fun! The S2k community has always been great to me so maybe I can give some love back now that I am here.

So ya... What I am trying to say is. If you guys have any questions, need to come to service, you need or want a new vehicle (I'm licensed to sell any of them) give me a call and I'll do what I can to help out.

Anyways hope to hear from some of you.

Thanks!

Haig[Hike] Melkonyan
Cell: 818-590-2030
Office: 818-742-3800
Email: HMelkonyan@galpin.com
Old 07-03-2013, 11:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The 2014 Mazda3 looks like a good DD (roomy hatchback) that's not boring with the 6 speed manual. Do you know when it's going to be available FS?
Old 07-03-2013, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Vitt
The 2014 Mazda3 looks like a good DD (roomy hatchback) that's not boring with the 6 speed manual. Do you know when it's going to be available FS?
They should start hitting dealerships late August to early September, I am actually considering the same thing as a DD.
I'm stuck between that and the Fusion, I know a lot of people don't like the whole "MyTouch" Navi thing on Fords, but
I think it's awesome.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:09 PM

Hey man i just got a new job and It requires me to drive a lot my S is my DD for now, what leasing options do you have for like an accord or jetta ? Im trying to get 15,000 miles a year lease.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by haigo690
Originally Posted by Vitt' timestamp='1372879594' post='22645889
They should start hitting dealerships late August to early September, I am actually considering the same thing as a DD.
I'm stuck between that and the Fusion, I know a lot of people don't like the whole "MyTouch" Navi thing on Fords, but
I think it's awesome.
Since I have the S I like my other car to be roomy. I like hatchbacks and sport wagons because you can fit a ton of stuff back there--very practical. And they still drive like a car, unlike most SUVs. My current DD is an '09 MZ3 but I'm looking at some replacement options. I was actually hoping Mazda would bring the Mazda6 in wagon form to the US but for the time being they're not. I love the BMW F31 sport wagon but they are pricey, and worse of all only come in AWD.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by tweezy7
Hey man i just got a new job and It requires me to drive a lot my S is my DD for now, what leasing options do you have for like an accord or jetta ? Im trying to get 15,000 miles a year lease.
Jetta has some really good lease specials right now for 39 month leases, Tax and license as drive off and 199+ tax /month approximately, although that is for the 12k
miles yearly. I can't give exact quote on 15k miles atm because I am not at work anymore I just got home but off the top of my head I think it's an extra 20 cents per mile. Driving that much yearly, a lease and purchase difference wouldn't be too large but I can look into some more if you would like.

The civics also have some awesome lease deals 24 month 3,800 plus tax and license for $99 plus tax a month. again this is for 12k yearly. The accord deals are good also 3400 down plus tax and license for 199 plus tax a month. But i would rather put less down on a civic and pay a little more a month. But that's just me.

If you want a good deal on 15,000 miles I would be able to look into it some more tomorrow. If you want call or text me and give me a little more info to work with and I'll see what I can do.

Originally Posted by Vitt
Originally Posted by haigo690' timestamp='1372883857' post='22646040
[quote name='Vitt' timestamp='1372879594' post='22645889']
I think it's awesome.
Since I have the S I like my other car to be roomy. I like hatchbacks and sport wagons because you can fit a ton of stuff back there--very practical. And they still drive like a car, unlike most SUVs. My current DD is an '09 MZ3 but I'm looking at some replacement options. I was actually hoping Mazda would bring the Mazda6 in wagon form to the US but for the time being they're not. I love the BMW F31 sport wagon but they are pricey, and worse of all only come in AWD.
[/quote]

Ya i understand in that regard which is why I am looking forward to the new MZ3 and there are rumors going around that we might have an unveiling tomorrow at Galpin although I have no idea who accurate that is. There are also some rumors of a coupe MZ6 coming out.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...... The s2k may finally have some REAL competition from the miata come 2015.... Alfa and Mazda are collaborating on a car together a new miata which is "supposed" to have perfect 50/50 weight ratio vs the 52/48 that it is now. Mazda is stepping it up this year I honestly excited to see what happens.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty cool news:

I bought my 07 preowned S60R from Galpin. Although the sales guys really "milked" me for the final price since it's probably the only good one up for sale at the time among dealers in So CA. Took four trips until we finally closed the deal.

Still I'd got to appraise the dealership and service department for having great customer service. The shop had mess up before but they rectify it with no hassel. Too bad I don't live on the West Side.

Well, I just might venture out to the Honda service if my AP2 needs the brake recall currently going around.

Hope the Honda service department are as good as the Volvo/Jaguar premiere service guys.

BTW, awesome cafe Galpin's got.

Hook us up here if they ever throw one of those go-cart party again there!

Congrads on the new job. I'd been there too; unemployment could take a toll on you.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by tsuyoshi
Pretty cool news:

I bought my 07 preowned S60R from Galpin. Although the sales guys really "milked" me for the final price since it's probably the only good one up for sale at the time among dealers in So CA. Took four trips until we finally closed the deal.

Still I'd got to appraise the dealership and service department for having great customer service. The shop had mess up before but they rectify it with no hassel. Too bad I don't live on the West Side.

Well, I just might venture out to the Honda service if my AP2 needs the brake recall currently going around.

Hope the Honda service department are as good as the Volvo/Jaguar premiere service guys.

BTW, awesome cafe Galpin's got.

Hook us up here if they ever throw one of those go-cart party again there!

Congrads on the new job. I'd been there too; unemployment could take a toll on you.
Thank you very much

I always had known that Galpin had history but I never knew how much until I started working here. And anytime I find out something is going on I'll definitely post something on here.

The guys at Honda are awesome I even did some of my training with a couple guys there. Above all else though I still find it hilarious that the Galpin Honda Magazine they hand out to customers and new hires still has a picture of it with a long row of brand new s2000's covering the front of the dealership.

I work over at the Premier Building and the benefit at Galpin means I can go to any of the dealerships and help you guys out if you need it.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Gatsbee13

Congrats!!

Hey, do you guys have the Jaguar F-Type in inventory? would like to check it out..

btw: I know im probably not going to get 180k miles out of a jaguar, but how does their quality and build compare to Japanese cars, like Honda..
Old 07-05-2013, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13
Congrats!!

Hey, do you guys have the Jaguar F-Type in inventory? would like to check it out..

btw: I know im probably not going to get 180k miles out of a jaguar, but how does their quality and build compare to Japanese cars, like Honda..
Yes of course we do. The 6 cylinder and the 8 cylinder. It's a BEAST of a car is all I have to say.

In regards to quality Jaguar has stepped it up in the last couple of years as well, for 2012 I believe they were #2 for reliability. The F type is a totally new model but wow is all I have to say. To me at least it's like a s2000 except much, much faster. And it comes with bilsteins from the factory. I'm personally not a huge fan of the v8 though it's a bit much for the car.

It may not get to 180k miles with just very basic maintenance like Honda, but it is a different kind of car.

You are welcome to stop by and check it out. Just give me a call or text I'm here every day until next Saturday.

Quick Reply: Just started working at Galpin Motors