California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

My fun night in downtown..........

Old 09-02-2006, 06:14 PM
beb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My fun night in downtown..........

The DTLA home search inspired this thread....... Just a story about one of my nights in DTLA.

When my friends got out of HIN (2 weeks ago), I met them up to go eat in DTLA. My friend and I got there a little late, so everyone was tired and bounced about 15 min before we were done. So the two of us go outside and have a smoke.

Homeless lady approaches me for a cigg, so I give her one. We start talking and I find out that she's Korean, so we're all chatting in Korean and stuff and I give her money....

A dude wearing blang blang comes up while we're talking and asks for money. Of course I say no cause 1)I gave all my cash to the lady and 2)He doesnt look like he needs it.

Another homeless dude comes up and asks for a lighter. My friend hands him one and he goes 'No, I want one to keep!' and my friend says 'Naw dude, I need it - you can use it, but not keep it'.

So ANOTHER homeless dude comes up and goes 'Here, I dont have a lighter but you can have this' and hands the other dude a crack pipe. He goes 'No, I dont need that, I need a lighter!' So the dude busts the crack pipe open on the street.

At this point we're just like surrounded.... lol. So we excuse ourselves and bounce out, it was almost 3am... But one dude follows us to my car..... Why? Cause he's drawing that portrait! LOL. We had to stand an extra 20 min cause he wouldnt let us leave.

Then he starts to tell us about a genius idea he has for emergency evacuations in high-rise buildings. Basically its a chute system. LOL. It will drop you every 5 floors, then you get off and go on another chute to go down another 5.

We peeped into his bag while he was talking and drawing and he had all sorts of crack pipes and $$$$$$ mags! EWWW!

But yeah, that pic looks nothing like me huh?

Have a nice Labor Day weekend. Im just uber bored at work
Old 09-02-2006, 06:23 PM

Old 09-02-2006, 06:38 PM
beb

I look OLD in that picture.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha sounds like quite a night
Old 09-02-2006, 08:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fun night...? I we expecting a Vegas tale and photos
Old 09-02-2006, 10:15 PM

Holy crap! I saw the same guy latter that day. The next day at Nisei me and my bro. took a break from the show and went to check out the Nisei festival across the street.

We walked around for a while, then chilled a bit to watch this band play. And there was this Mom and here two little daughters wearing traditional kimonos sitting a few feet from us watching too.

Then this guys walks past us with a bag full of paper and sits down on the floor next to the mom and her little girls. He pulls out a sheet and starts to draw one of the little girls. I think the mom got a little uncomfortable and just got up and they left.

This blank look came on his face as he stared at them walking away, then to his unfinished sketch, then at them, and again at them. Like he was upset that he didn
Old 09-02-2006, 10:30 PM

beb you are killing me
Old 09-02-2006, 11:28 PM

he needs to sketch a S2000 then he'll start banking.

interesting pic beb ....
Old 09-02-2006, 11:58 PM

OMG, get out of TOWN!!! I saw that same guy tonight!!!

I was out in downtown after the concert at the Disney Concert hall, and this dude starts drawing this picture, but I didn't want to stop because I needed to get home (church tomorrow). Anyway, I didn't want to be rude, so I stuck around for a little bit. Finally, when he was done, he handed me this picture, but it didn't look like me at all! In fact, it was a drawing of some guy, and it said "Love Cyris" on the bottom. WEIRD!!!

So I said "Who is this, and why are you giving it to me?"

And he said "That's me 11 years ago."

So I was like thinking wow... I can't remember what I wore yesterday, this dude drew himself 11 years ago! LOL! So I said... "why are you giving me a portrait of you 11 years ago?"

And he said "I need you to do me a favor."

I was like, WTF? Should I do this guy a random favor? What is it... drug running? Reach-around? But he pointed across the street at a little apt. in the 2nd story with the light still one, and said "Please." So my girl and I turned to look at each other (both thinking WTF... no doubt).... so I was going to ask him what to say, but I looked, and he was gone.

So I thought if anything, this would make a funny story, right? So what the heck. I told my girl to wait at the bottom of the stairs (to flag down police? Ha ha ha...) while I went up to the door. I knocked once... twice... and turned to leave, and the door finally opened.

Behind the tattered screen door, there was an older woman wearing a knitted shawl. She looked sweet.

Anyway, I told her I had no idea what was going on, but some guy wanted me to give her this drawing, so as she opened the screen door, I gave it to her.

All of a sudden, one tear rolled down her cheek, and I started apologizing. I didn't know they had a bad relationship or anything, so I said I was sorry if I got involved as a messenger... I had no idea.

But she looked up and smiled at me and said "This is Cyris, my son."

So I was like crazy confused. I said "Why didn't he just come up and give it to you himself?"

And she said:

"Well dearest... Cyris has been dead since 1995."

Old 09-03-2006, 01:15 AM

Quick Reply: My fun night in downtown..........