California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Outraged! Home Depot forced to build "day labor"

Old 08-15-2008, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hapybrian,Aug 15 2008, 03:53 PM

Funny s2ki advertising.... Did you guys get this too?

One solution would be for people to not hire the guys... If
people don't hire them, they won't come back...
What's funny about that is the Contractors or general construction guys that hire these parasites keep saying they do it because its much cheaper yet they're the ones that go home and bitch to high heaven about the economy being in the pooper while our government wastes funds on dealing with this nonsense.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=05TurboS2k,Aug 15 2008, 02:57 PM] He's witnessed them making a #1 and a #2 on premises!!!! That's right you heard it, taking a dump in the parking lot.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:30 PM

The issue as some of the posts mention touches on illegal immigration and thus extremely complicated. Keeping this really short, as I just off work and am a bit lazy LOL, the issue is that when they are on private property the HD manager can ask them to leave and they most often do. However anyone is allowed on the public right of ways which is why the police don't bother the day workers. There are civil rights issues with confronting day workers in the public right of way. This is a nuisance issue similar to a strip bar having questionable folks hang around, a liquor store with drunks hanging around, etc. Unfortunately, it's costing cities a lot of money to solve the matter. This was a matter that was debated for 4 years. Though HD might not think so, it does benefit them by preventing certain liabilities from occurring. Also, there are ways for HDs to remove themselves from having to put up day laborer sites if it isn't a problem.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:31 PM

I agree..Greg. Why cant' they solve the original problem and burden of this country by getting rid of them?
Old 08-15-2008, 04:47 PM

Old 08-15-2008, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by onepieceluffy,Aug 15 2008, 05:30 PM
The issue as some of the posts mention touches on illegal immigration and thus extremely complicated. Keeping this really short, as I just off work and am a bit lazy LOL, the issue is that when they are on private property the HD manager can ask them to leave and they most often do. However anyone is allowed on the public right of ways which is why the police don't bother the day workers. There are civil rights issues with confronting day workers in the public right of way. This is a nuisance issue similar to a strip bar having questionable folks hang around, a liquor store with drunks hanging around, etc. Unfortunately, it's costing cities a lot of money to solve the matter. This was a matter that was debated for 4 years. Though HD might not think so, it does benefit them by preventing certain liabilities from occurring. Also, there are ways for HDs to remove themselves from having to put up day laborer sites if it isn't a problem.
Why can't they be cited for loitering??
Old 08-15-2008, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bert05GPW,Aug 15 2008, 04:11 PM
I can take a dump anywhere I want. Try and stop me. I'm gonna take a #2 right now here in my pants.

FYI -- Not all the day laborers are from Mexico. Many are from Central America. Here's a little help for those that don't know where that is.

Full Story Here
I agree, but the majority are.

I drive by an underpass here in the SFV on Fallbrook and Ventura where these guys get together right next to a 7-11. I actually refuse to go back to that 7-11 and the plazas surrounding the area. Several times a girl that I was dating was harassed along with many people that visit the 7-11. There have been multiple complaints yet the police do nothing. These people could care less about those who live and work in the surrounding areas.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:03 PM

rest assured, that this ordinacy will be shot down by an appellate court. It will not stand.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Panopticon,Aug 15 2008, 06:01 PM
I agree, but the majority are.

I drive by an underpass here in the SFV on Fallbrook and Ventura where these guys get together right next to a 7-11. I actually refuse to go back to that 7-11 and the plazas surrounding the area. Several times a girl that I was dating was harassed along with many people that visit the 7-11. There have been multiple complaints yet the police do nothing. These people could care less about those who live and work in the surrounding areas.
Why the harassment? They want to carry her Slurpie for her??

Old 08-15-2008, 05:21 PM

[QUOTE=Nicotunes,Aug 15 2008, 06:06 PM] Why the harassment? They want to carry her Slurpie for her??

Quick Reply: Outraged! Home Depot forced to build "day labor"