California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Regarding these boards...

Old 11-24-2004, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regarding these boards...

I suppose you could lock this if it turns ugly...

But, I had just read the other post and I have to reply with something.

I visit MANY online forums on a daily basis. Some of these are:
www.vwvortex.com
www.imprezawrxsti.com
www.nasioc.com
www.awjunkies.com
www.newcelica.org
www.honda-tech.com
www.rx7club.com

I used to visit this board for strictly s2k stuff... not really getting into any off-topic and all that... now Im the complete opposite. This is one of my favorite boards. Biggest reason is because everyone is mature and has a positive attitude. Many contribute greatly to the community. I barely even use my S2000 anymore since I aquired my STi... but I still love to visit this place..

In comparison, visit boards like NASIOC... yes, its a HUGE community, but I find many members to be very immature and make the board as a whole look quite unfriendly. At vwvortex, its like a huge group of high-school ROTC and book club members joined. Its just too boring. www.imprezawrxsti.com doesn't have enough members... That community is almost as good as this one except they dont have the local community friendlyness (or quantity) and this community.

So anyways... My point here is that I believe that this is a good community and I actually appreciate the fact that many issues are solved privately. Solving personal issues in a public forum gives the community a darker, less friendly atmosphere.

Just my 0.02
Old 11-24-2004, 06:39 AM

I used to be a member NASIOC, it was nothing compared to this board. When you asked a question people treated you like you were dumb. Too many young guys getting WRXs at the time i was there I guess.

Ryan
Old 11-24-2004, 06:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree I love this forum like no other. No other atmosphere like it. Lets keep it that way! We're all mature people, and lets just put the past behind us and move on. Life is such.

Smile everyone! Tommorow is gobble-gobble day
Have a great one!!
Old 11-24-2004, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by OverBooster,Nov 24 2004, 07:39 AM
I used to be a member NASIOC, it was nothing compared to this board. When you asked a question people treated you like you were dumb. Too many young guys getting WRXs at the time i was there I guess.

Ryan
Unfortunetly, its still the same. I asked a warranty/service question at a local forum. Basically regarding going in for service. Instead of getting an answer, I got a bunch of people joking on the thread and mocking... the thread was closed. All that, for what I thought was a completely legit question. Didn't get answered.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:15 AM

this forum is cool, i just wish it had seperate threads like nasioc and honda-tech for: Suspension, Turbo/Forced Induction, Engine Management, ect..
Old 11-24-2004, 07:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OverBooster,Nov 24 2004, 07:39 AM
When you asked a question people treated you like you were dumb.
People get that here too........just be careful what you ask....

Most of the time it's nothing personal it's just a good case of "bustin balls".......
Old 11-24-2004, 08:37 AM

Right on, jsalicru.

This is a really cool forum....even close families fight once in a while.

Old 11-24-2004, 01:14 PM

yep... love this forum , people are so friendly and also have solutions to everything (not only just s2k) and yes people here are definitely more mature and friendly compare to zilvia.net... i had a 98 S14a before the s2k...

so thanks s2kers

Mike
Old 11-24-2004, 02:45 PM

this really is a great site and i find it very helpful and fun. i'm on this site everyday and have made some great friends. i don't usually post on these kinds of things but i know that if for some reason this site were to stop existing for whatever reason i would go through withdrawals! everyone should just try and get along and co-exist with each other and just enjoy each other for the passion they share for their s2000's.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Wongawa,Nov 24 2004, 03:45 PM
this really is a great site and i find it very helpful and fun. i'm on this site everyday and have made some great friends. i don't usually post on these kinds of things but i know that if for some reason this site were to stop existing for whatever reason i would go through withdrawals! everyone should just try and get along and co-exist with each other and just enjoy each other for the passion they share for their s2000's.
Great post!

Quick Reply: Regarding these boards...