California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

San Diego Get Together???

Old 10-11-2001, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, it would have been great to see Tom (we used to work for the same company and it was his car that got me interested in the s2k).

Thursday nights at Applebee's every week or two would be great as far as I'm concerned. It's the one evening I don't have a commitment (well, if you can count Enterprise & West Wing as a commitment).

And I will be at the Qualcomm Stadium autox 10/20.

cal
Old 10-11-2001, 11:25 PM

I could do applebee's next Thursday the 18th.
Old 10-12-2001, 12:04 AM

Is the AutoX open to anyone? like do I have to have a rollbar or anything like that? (poor newbie) I've been wanting to check out an AutoX and attend one to see how I would do...even though I know I'd do poorly...I've yet to see what my car is really made of.

Jaykkub
Old 10-12-2001, 12:05 AM

Btw, I work right off of Miramar...I think traffic is usually bad going towards the 15 around 5ish...so anything after that would be nice...(6-7)

Jaykkub
Old 10-12-2001, 12:22 AM

Originally posted by Jaykkub
Is the AutoX open to anyone? like do I have to have a rollbar or anything like that? (poor newbie) I've been wanting to check out an AutoX and attend one to see how I would do...even though I know I'd do poorly...I've yet to see what my car is really made of.

Jaykkub
Yeah, it's open to anyone. You can run a stock s2000 and that's fine. You need a helmet though, but they have loaner helmets there that are free. Just bring your driver's license. You also need a Solo II card which if I recall was about $15 for the year. And then you also pay to enter the AutoX. You should show up early so you can sign up for everything and the run group for AS (A Stock) won't be filled (stock s2000). Although, it looks like with your mods, you may fall into the ASP (A Street Prepared) category. It's fun, but when you first start you begin to realize that it's more the driver than the car.

David
Old 10-12-2001, 09:14 AM

A couple more points for Jaykkub. They have a "Novice" category that you can run in the first 2-3 events.
According to the hotline (619-441-1333), you would be running in either the 4th or 6th group and working the one you didn't run, which would mean you'd be running after lunch, but you need to get there before noon to go through tech inspection and register.
There's a novice walk of the course first thing in the morning and during the lunch break. They also have instructors available who can ride with you and help you negotiate the course. And it can be helpful to just stand around and watch cars go through the course.
If you go to this web site, http://www.tirerack.com/features/solo2/handbook.htm, you'll find a useful handbook for novices. I suggest you read it.

cal
Old 10-12-2001, 07:14 PM

I will see you all at QuallComm on 20th for the AX event, maybe I'll even try to drive my car around the course a few times just for shits and giggles...hehehe..and i'm sure it will be a funny sight to see me bash some cones.!!!
Old 10-12-2001, 07:24 PM
sgr

I'm interested in trying out auto-x, and I'll be available on Oct 20. However, I'm concerned about damage to the car resulting from hitting cones. What kinds of problems have people had in this regard? Scuffs? Broken spoilers? Anything?
Old 10-13-2001, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sgr
[B]I'm interested in trying out auto-x, and I'll be available on Oct 20.
Old 10-13-2001, 12:32 PM
sgr

cthree,

Thanks for the reply; that was just what I wanted to hear! I'll see you next Sat AM.

Quick Reply: San Diego Get Together???