California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

So Cal Soft Top Repairs?

Old 08-02-2013, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Cal Soft Top Repairs?

My Soft top is beginning to like..tear/fall apart right in the bottom corner where it meets the bottom side of the passenger window. it's in an awkward spot where i can't simply put a patch.

Anybody have any referalls or know of a place that repairs soft tops?
Old 08-02-2013, 12:11 PM

AJ's in northridge excellent job. They replaced the entire cloth for me for a great price and also only took 3 hours. No leaks or weird issues. Note I brought them an EZ top they just did the labor. Other places said they need the car for at least 8 hours or even 2 days and some charged $800 for just labor.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Gatsbee13

x2 on AJ.. he patched my top several times before changing it out with a brand new Robbins top.. make sure AJ (the owner) does it and not his assistant.. AJ is just does a better job..

i might get him to replace 2 leather panels on my driver side seat.. (area on left that usually cracks and tears). he wanted $180, but im not sure that is a great price since i havent checked other places.. but for patching and changing out the top, you cant beat his prices..
Old 08-02-2013, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13
x2 on AJ.. he patched my top several times before changing it out with a brand new Robbins top.. make sure AJ (the owner) does it and not his assistant.. AJ is just does a better job..

i might get him to replace 2 leather panels on my driver side seat.. (area on left that usually cracks and tears). he wanted $180, but im not sure that is a great price since i havent checked other places.. but for patching and changing out the top, you cant beat his prices..
The assistant did mine and I was told to have AJ do it but he fit me in on a tight schedule so I just let the guy do it. He def has experience with a lot of s2000s too so it's not like it was his first time. He did a good job on mine and did it quite fast.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Gatsbee13

Originally Posted by superstuddc27
Originally Posted by Gatsbee13' timestamp='1375481957' post='22703854

The assistant did mine and I was told to have AJ do it but he fit me in on a tight schedule so I just let the guy do it. He def has experience with a lot of s2000s too so it's not like it was his first time. He did a good job on mine and did it quite fast.
that was for the install of the top? yeah, I think his assistant (guy with the long hair) helped AJ replace my top..they did a pretty good job (with exception of small things here and there that I didn't like, but they fixed it).. but when I had my tear patched and sealed on outside, the assistant didn't apply the silicone sealant on outside of top cleanly (it was actually kind of sloppy).. everytime AJ sealed and patched it for me, I was very happy..
Old 08-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Gatsbee13

AJ's in northridge excellent job. They replaced the entire cloth for me for a great price and also only took 3 hours. No leaks or weird issues. Note I brought them an EZ top they just did the labor. Other places said they need the car for at least 8 hours or even 2 days and some charged $800 for just labor.
that's what I was getting quoted just for labor from other places.. I paid ~$800 to get a new Robbins top installed from AJ.. i forgot how i ran into this place.. but it was a while back and i think i just called random places in the san Fernando valley and got lucky finding AJ
Old 08-06-2013, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13

Thanks Guys, I looked up the location. My mistake, I should have been more specific in location besides just "So Cal", I actually live in Long Beach. So Los Angeles isn't too far for me to drive but Northridge is sorta far to get to, would be quite a drive.

Does anyone else have any places more local? If I have to leave the car there, it'll be hard to find someone willing to drive me back lol.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:43 AM

hey just to verify something. Did someone said they got their top replaced with Robin top for $800 at AJ? and is this the shop?

Auto Upholstery By AJ
Category: Body Shops
8820 Amigo Ave
Northridge, CA 91324
Neighborhood: Northridge
Old 08-07-2013, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by kn106518
hey just to verify something. Did someone said they got their top replaced with Robin top for $800 at AJ? and is this the shop?

Auto Upholstery By AJ
Category: Body Shops
8820 Amigo Ave
Northridge, CA 91324
Neighborhood: Northridge
I wasn't the one that was quoted $800 but that's the shop. Im in orange county so it's farther than Long Beach but that's the only place I know of that a) has experience with s2000 tops b) does it for good prices and good quality work

I just went early on a day off and called before to see if it's free and he said he was. Brought my laptop and waited about 3-4 hours and it was done. Drove off
Old 08-07-2013, 05:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow.. i thought we were one of the best known shops for soft top replacement..

weve done at least 100 soft top replacements by now. were located in ontario.

hardtops and soft tops are our specialty.

Quick Reply: So Cal Soft Top Repairs?