California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

SP enginerring Tuning for Greddy Emanage Ultimate

Old 04-15-2009, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SP enginerring Tuning for Greddy Emanage Ultimate

I am looking for a place to fine tune my Greddy Emanage Ultimate..
please let me know...TIA for help
Old 04-15-2009, 04:19 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

a lot of emanage users get very good results with Jon @ HB speed in westminster...better results than at Church.

SP may or may not be good, depends on who is doing the tuning. They are a long time greddy authorized dealer and have tuned many high hp cars like you said, but as far as i've heard, they aren't known for their emanage tuning.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:54 PM

SP engineering are great tuners. I think they used Fcon V pro and AEM EMS to tune a lot of the cars they do. If I were you I would ditch the Emanage and go Kpro or EMS.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:30 PM

try www.g-dimension.com they are in rowland heights and an experienced E-manage tuner (mostly for Z33 but they did john/ neveronlines2k's car).

talk to james chang the owner. they do tuning on sat and sun.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:29 PM

James is good he tuned my car after I had Church do it and he fixed it and made it run a lot better.

SP is very good too they have tuned lots of freinds Evo's and S's (but may be a little higher priced).

John @ HB sped is also good and has lots of experience with E manage (cant go wrong with going there and the price is good too).

Good Luck!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum,Apr 15 2009, 04:19 PM
a lot of emanage users get very good results with Jon @ HB speed in westminster...better results than at Church.

SP may or may not be good, depends on who is doing the tuning. They are a long time greddy authorized dealer and have tuned many high hp cars like you said, but as far as i've heard, they aren't known for their emanage tuning.
what do you mean better?

i would still take my car church for tuning

ryan
Old 04-15-2009, 10:42 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by ecko01,Apr 15 2009, 11:36 PM
what do you mean better?

ryan
see neveronlines2k's post above yours for another example..

he went to Church first and then someone else to fix and get a better tune.

i've heard of a few people who have done this also. Church is a good tuner, you don't get such a good rep from being a bad tuner, but it seems there are increasingly more people who retune with others for better results. Some think that Church just isn't putting the most effort into some of his tunes anymore. i have no personal opinion on this matter, i've never tuned with any of these tuners. I'm just stating the experiences that i've read online recently.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:57 PM

[QUOTE=Chris_Lum,Apr 15 2009, 10:42 PM] see neveronlines2k's post above yours for another example..

he went to Church first and then someone else to fix and get a better tune.

i've heard of a few people who have done this also. Church is a good tuner, you don't get such a good rep from being a bad tuner, but it seems there are increasingly more people who retune with others for better results. Some think that Church just isn't putting the most effort into some of his tunes anymore. i have no personal opinion on this matter, i've never tuned with any of these tuners. I'm just stating the experiences that i've read online recently.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalAp2,Apr 16 2009, 03:37 PM
spent an hour with james, nice guy, appointment made for saturday, i asked him to personally tune my car instead of someone else

thanks for all the help and input.
No problem I think you will be pleased with the tune

I know there are lots of people here who swear by Church's and I am sure when he puts the effort in you get one heck of a tune (I just feel that there are not many cars that get a full tune from church's). After visiting Churches my E-manage had about 15% of the entire map tuned.... after James tuned it I think we had about 92% or so of the map tuned and the car was a lot stronger (noticeably, I didn't compare peak numbers because of using different dyno's + Churches Dyno's tend to read very high).

As far as HB Speed is concerned I have not heard one complaint and they wil actually be tuning my car next wednesday so I would def recomend them too
Old 04-16-2009, 04:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If he's proficient with Emange, I'd definitely go with Jon

Not many like, or know how to tune on Emanage.

Quick Reply: SP enginerring Tuning for Greddy Emanage Ultimate