Old 09-23-2008, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wicked_S2K,Sep 23 2008, 11:17 PM
iPhone FTW

/thread

hahahah, yeah right
Old 09-24-2008, 02:34 AM

ok so after much thought I dont think im getting the phone, missing headphone jack, not unlimited 3g although possible tethering would be nice once they remove that cap and i'm not really lovin the looks of the phone. Next phone to scope out....HTC Touch HD DAMN it looks good
Old 09-24-2008, 05:10 AM

@SimbaDogg: I actually think that 1GB is plenty for nearly everyone because your example of 27 minutes is not for surfing the web, but 27 minutes of straight downloading. That's a lot of downloading. Especially because for most people, for most of the week, they are somewhere where they can use wifi and don't need to use up any of their 1GB cap.

That said, a 1GB cap is lame. But I can see how it can possibly be abused if new apps that download tons of data become available.

But I seriously don't understand how you can come to market so late after the iPhone and offer less (in terms of hardware, software, and data plan) and then charge more for it ($179 + 8GB SD Card > $199 iPhone 3G 8GB). Not to mention ignore the complaints people had/have about the iPhone (Exchange support, non-standard headphone jack, battery life, carrier lock, etc).
Old 09-24-2008, 07:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@ simbadogg for some good points.

I still thing I can stay under quite easily sure some days i'll be into an hour or two on the high side but there will be days i dont use it it at all, infact MOST days I probably won't so 1GB cap is reasonable for me, and we can expect the plans to grow w/ time.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:06 AM

I honestly think G1 will give iphone heavy competition... However, I am really not impressed with the iphone and Iphone3g is a lame upgrade to the original. personally I think iphone is more of a trendy hype for the non-power users rather then anything else ... I'm not quite sure how this new G1 will work but so far it looks much more useful the the iphone is

hands down give me a Palm OS or a PPC phone... Much more functional even though there still many advancements still needed to be made.. especially in terms of PalmOS's stability and WinMobile's Processing speeds and ram issues..
Old 09-24-2008, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by minboost,Sep 24 2008, 06:10 AM
@SimbaDogg: I actually think that 1GB is plenty for nearly everyone because your example of 27 minutes is not for surfing the web, but 27 minutes of straight downloading. That's a lot of downloading. Especially because for most people, for most of the week, they are somewhere where they can use wifi and don't need to use up any of their 1GB cap.

That said, a 1GB cap is lame. But I can see how it can possibly be abused if new apps that download tons of data become available.

But I seriously don't understand how you can come to market so late after the iPhone and offer less (in terms of hardware, software, and data plan) and then charge more for it ($179 + 8GB SD Card > $199 iPhone 3G 8GB). Not to mention ignore the complaints people had/have about the iPhone (Exchange support, non-standard headphone jack, battery life, carrier lock, etc).
i dont wanna come off as rude, but here's a newflash as far as mobile data goes...if you're surfing the web, you're downloading. They dont care whether you're downloading files, receiving email and attachments, getting weather updates w/ an integrated weather program, or using gps (as google does not support memory based cars like tomtom does). All these are examples of data coming downstream. As i said, for some people...that may be fine. But for others that are always getting emails, or surfing the net (especially if they take long commutes via metro like i do), blogging or just checking out news on non mobile version sites...you're basically screwed.

@Rollerboy

i dont want to sound like a jerk when i say this, but i'm seriously getting sick of the avg iphone user that i run into. Perfect example (in one of my classes) a guy was watching me type my notes on my phone w/ a bluetooth keyboard, and then was like "hey cool phone, how much was it (att tilt, 125)..." blah blah blah. As soon as i finished telling him the features of the phone, because he was curious, and how i used it...the first thing he said was "you shoulda got an iphone". I didn't see, but i guess he was proceeding to take out his phone to try to impress me, but before he did i just started talking about how crippled the phone was, and how i would never purchase a phone w/ the software limitations it has. I kinda felt bad because i didn't see he had one, but this is apples marketing at best. people think the iphone is the best thing on the market, and the only thing capable of doing some of the things it does. i think these are the same people that say "i got a macbook because they're the only laptops that come w/ cameras" or "i got a mac because its impossible to get a virus". sorry for the rant, but these people just annoy me.

anyways, there are so many great phones on the market though. if you really do your research, there are tons of good options, and come 1-2 months from now they're will honestly be a phone on the market that suits every persons individual need. new blackberries, palm is getting a rehaul (treo pros dropping too), htc dropping multiple devices, samsung omnia and even windows mobile 7 next year. =)
Old 09-24-2008, 10:03 AM

Treo pro looks nice but the specs on it are not as good as the treo 800

Also.. Macs dont have viruses because not many users of macs as there are with PCs.. if your making a virus you gonna wanna infect the largest population possible.. if mac gets really big they will have viruses no doubt.. because honestly EVERYTHING is hackable.. it just depends on how long and how much the hacker/virus creator community wants it..

And i dont care if i sound like a jerk... but Apple is trying to aim at the masses with their propaganda and as those famous words go... The masses are asses...
Old 09-24-2008, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by RollerBoy,Sep 24 2008, 11:03 AM
...Also.. Macs dont have viruses because not many users of macs as there are with PCs.. if your making a virus you gonna wanna infect the largest population possible.. if mac gets really big they will have viruses no doubt.. because honestly EVERYTHING is hackable.. it just depends on how long and how much the hacker/virus creator community wants it..

And i dont care if i sound like a jerk... but Apple is trying to aim at the masses with their propaganda and as those famous words go... The masses are asses...
i think we're friends haha

yeah, i've tried to explain that to people. any person that is writing a virus wants to have a big impact, why infect 100 million computers when you can infect 1 billion?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:23 AM

this is going to sound stupid.. but im not a big tech geek.. im excited to get a new phone. ive been using my sidekick 3 since the day it came out. it does what i need it to do.. text and make calls with the everyonce in a while get on the internet...

work is for my laptop and my PC at work... dont flame me for this stupid question.

what is stereo bluetooth? haha

does not having it mean that I wont be able to connect blue tooth to my car? haha
Old 09-24-2008, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by the s2k dude,Sep 24 2008, 11:23 AM
this is going to sound stupid.. but im not a big tech geek.. im excited to get a new phone. ive been using my sidekick 3 since the day it came out. it does what i need it to do.. text and make calls with the everyonce in a while get on the internet...

work is for my laptop and my PC at work... dont flame me for this stupid question.

what is stereo bluetooth? haha

does not having it mean that I wont be able to connect blue tooth to my car? haha
oh no problem man, everyone has to learn sometimes. but as far as bluetooth goes, if you dont have a2dp (advanced audio distribution profile) you might jsut get mono audio instead of having stereo audio go to your car, your headset, or your wireless portable speakers. man phones in the past didn't need this simply because if people went bluetooth, they were just going w/ a headset, and all you need is mono. but as more and more people pick up bluetooth headphones (like me) having a2dp and stereo bluetooth is clutch

Quick Reply: Tmobile Google Phone