California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Traffic Lawyer in LA area? - 1st ticket in CA

Old 10-29-2013, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Traffic Lawyer in LA area? - 1st ticket in CA

Hi guys,

Last night around 10PM I was driving my gf's WV Tiguan and we saw two highway patrol cars by us - I was already heading home from grabbing groceries so we drove extra careful. About two blocks later one of the car pulled me over for failure to stop at a red light - which is totally bogus because I stopped at every light and made sure I was extra careful since I saw them earlier. We're still unsure why he said we ran a red light because he was about 2 blocks behind us the whole time until he sped up and pulled us over.

He asked if I had anything to drink and did a quick eye test - totally fine since I don't drink anyways. He gave me an infraction for "failure to stop at circular light".

Anyways, I'm looking for a traffic lawyer because I have no tickets on my record and I want to keep it that way - especially on an infraction as weird - does anyone have lawyer they could recommend?
Old 10-29-2013, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know any traffic lawyers. Sorry this BS happened to you man. This shouldn't happen to anyone. I like to pull into busy parking lots whenever I see the popo.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:06 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

buy a dash cam so the cops can be caught in their lies. as for a traffic lawyer, sorry i don't know any.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:29 PM

James Chang, Traffic Adviser
626-215-8630

Choose a lawyer fast so you can get your declaration written and submitted before the holidays. Officers only have 30 days to respond.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:43 PM

James Chang took care of my exhaust ticket.
He won many speeding/bs tickets.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
buy a dash cam so the cops can be caught in their lies. as for a traffic lawyer, sorry i don't know any.
so glad i have my dash cam, esp if this thing happened to me.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:56 PM

Received 201 Likes on 104 Posts

I'm not recommending the attorney I used. I wasn't impressed.

If you plan to fight it, look into if the officer's vehicle had a dash cam. If it did, you have a right to request the footage. Do it quickly.

If you didn't run the light, his footage could actually prove your innocence.

This type of situation is why I run dashcams in all of my vehicles.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can always try Handelonthelaw.com. Bill Handel reviews the lawyers. I have had to use the site in the past.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Terdburgler
Don't know any traffic lawyers. Sorry this BS happened to you man. This shouldn't happen to anyone. I like to pull into busy parking lots whenever I see the popo.
Thanks bro - Appreciate the kind words. Yeah I was thinking nothing could happen since we were in a Black VW SUV - its like one of thousands in the area lol. Ridiculous.

Originally Posted by gen2gsr
James Chang, Traffic Adviser
626-215-8630

Choose a lawyer fast so you can get your declaration written and submitted before the holidays. Officers only have 30 days to respond.
Thanks bro - sounds like a solid recommendation, I'll keep you guys posted. Do you know how much it costs? Typically in WA state where I was before it costs $250-$300.

Originally Posted by barrybaok
James Chang took care of my exhaust ticket.
He won many speeding/bs tickets.
thanks bro!

Originally Posted by RMurphy
I'm not recommending the attorney I used. I wasn't impressed.

If you plan to fight it, look into if the officer's vehicle had a dash cam. If it did, you have a right to request the footage. Do it quickly.

If you didn't run the light, his footage could actually prove your innocence.

This type of situation is why I run dashcams in all of my vehicles.
I've never gone to court to represent myself before. Wouldn't it just be my word vs his words?

Originally Posted by QuagmireS2k
You can always try Handelonthelaw.com. Bill Handel reviews the lawyers. I have had to use the site in the past.
Will look into it! Thanks!

Old 11-02-2013, 11:57 AM

Received 201 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
I've never gone to court to represent myself before. Wouldn't it just be my word vs his words?
If you have no dashcam footage from either his vehicle or yours and don't have an independent witness, then yes it *is* just your word against his and then there really is no point in going to court to plead not guilty, is there? (unless you can give good argument to request a plea down to some lesser charge with a lower fine attached, or you want to request traffic school to avoid points on your license and community service in lieu of a fine). That's why I suggested looking into if the cop had a dashcam installed in his vehicle. If so, his footage might actually show you didn't run the red. Most people don't think to request the dashcam footage.

Quick Reply: Traffic Lawyer in LA area? - 1st ticket in CA