California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

What are some good clubs in LA or Hollywood?

Old 04-30-2002, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are some good clubs in LA or Hollywood?

A female friend and I want to hit the LA scene to do some partying at a club or two the weekend of May 11. We usually have a great time in Vegas at "Babies" at the Hard Rock and hit "Drai's" after hours, and we like "On Broadway", in San Diego. We'd like to hit a trendy, local scene, that is typically LA. Also, we're interested in a nice dinner before-hand and a comfortable hotel room afterward.

Any suggestions you folks have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 04-30-2002, 04:17 PM

I recommend staying at the Mondrian (323-650-8999). That way you'll have free access to the Sky Bar and you'll be in walking distance to all of the Sunset Strip Clubs/Bars.

It's a little pricey, but I'm guessing that you can afford it since you own an S2K!

Let us know how it goes.
Old 04-30-2002, 04:44 PM

I haven't been to the clubs you mentioned so I'm not quite sure what "scene" you're into, but Las Palmas, Sunset Room, Garden of Eden, and of course Miyagi's are popular and have good music and drinks. I'd go back to any of these any time. All but Garden of Eden are restaurants that become clubs so you can make dinner reservations and just transition to the dancing afterwards, without the line/cover charge BS. They're all in Hollywood, on or near the Sunset Strip (all Hollywood clubs (that I know of) charge cover, even for girls, and make you wait in line unless you're on the guest list). Don't know much about hotels (cuz I live here!).

I've never been to the Sky Bar. It's supposed to be full of beautiful people and typical Hollywood types and really hard to get in to.
Old 05-01-2002, 06:48 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. The Sky Bar sounds interesting. We'll act like we belong there, and see if we can get in.
Old 05-01-2002, 07:11 AM

I don't know how old you are, but to me, the Standard is much cooler than the Mondrian/Skybar. Be prepared for $30 valet on Sunset.
Old 05-01-2002, 08:01 AM

Originally posted by WhiteRocket
Thanks for the suggestions. The Sky Bar sounds interesting. We'll act like we belong there, and see if we can get in.
If you stay at the Mondrian, you are guaranteed to get in. However, if you're not a hotel guest, you must either be connected or get there really early to get in.

The Standard is also a great place.

I recommend the Mondrian because you need a place to stay anyway and the location is ideal. It's very nice and probably worth it for your situation.
Old 05-01-2002, 10:09 AM

Thanks again. I think we'll stay at the Mondrian. I usually end up bribing door people anyway, so it will be like getting a free room with the bribe. Checked out the price and it doesn't seem bad for an experience.
Old 05-01-2002, 10:45 AM

I would also recommend visiting Bar Marmont at 8171 Sunset Blvd.

That's one of my favorite places.

Let us know how your trip goes.
Old 05-01-2002, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by REVM
I don't know how old you are, but to me, the Standard is much cooler than the Mondrian/Skybar. Be prepared for $30 valet on Sunset.
I'm 36, but look like I'm 26... g-friend is 23. What's the average age at the Standard?
Old 05-02-2002, 11:49 PM

If you're 36 and your girlfriend is 23, you'll fit in fine at any place in LA!!!. The standard is mixed, but predominantly b/t 20-30. I just didn't want to be sending someone 50 to the standard as they may not care for it. Last advice: don't jaywalk across Sunset or you may get run over; that's for real. Enjoy.

Quick Reply: What are some good clubs in LA or Hollywood?