California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

where do u go for window tint?

Old 03-03-2013, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where do u go for window tint?

sup s2ki fam,

(cliffs below)

I just recently got my windows tinted at a place here in socal (looked them up on yelp, not one single bad review, all five stars). The first time they did it, the installer left bubbles around the bottom portion of the back glass. I pointed it out to one of the main guys, he looked at it, said it was unsatisfactory, then re-did it himself. After a while he calls me to show me the final revision, but there are still a good amount of noticeable bubbles around the edges.

He says it's my car's fault because my aftermarket top (EZ-ON) has "frayed fiber" edges on the inside bottom of the back glass (came like that), and something about "reverse osmosis" of dirt from the inside lining moving up when wet. (is this bs?)

I tell myself f*ck it and leave because I've been waiting/hungry for like 4 hours, supposedly they re-did it 3-4 times, and that "this is the best it's going to get." I give them mad props for trying, but I am still not satisfied with the outcome of this part of the work (the rest of the tint came out ok).

Am I being unreasonable/ocd about the tint? They told me, "You can't see it from far away" (obviously), but when you get up close you can. The tint on my old OEM back glass was 99.9% bubble free. I know they say it's hard to tint the back glass, but if I wanted BIG bubbles around the bottom edge (~1/4 inch), I would've just tinted it myself.

Anybody else have similar problems when getting their EZ-ON/OEM top back glass tinted? Or is this tint place just being lazy? Any tint places you guys recommend around socal, preferably 562/714 area? I don't mind driving in the future if it means top-quality work...

-cliffs-

- went to get tint
- back glass tint sucks
- what do?

Thanks in advance!

peace
Old 03-03-2013, 07:44 PM

In your area no but my boy Peter over at the well known California Tint in temple city/ rosemead has always taken care of my cars plus hundreds of others and shop cars.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:47 PM

Got mine at Best Tint in Stanton. Several people from the forums had tint done there. They had a discount several years ago. Couple friends where there recent and they wre happy with the work.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think you should try a different shop... If the problem is dirt getting onto the glass before they apply the tint, then they can clean off the dirt in the lining before applying the tint. I don't see how it's a big issue
Old 03-04-2013, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Drew523
Got mine at Best Tint in Stanton. Several people from the forums had tint done there. They had a discount several years ago. Couple friends where there recent and they wre happy with the work.
Same here. Several years and still looks brand new. Jin does a very good job.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:23 PM

California tint FTW,
windshield +sides for $130 or something forgot,
got a ticket for the sides, removed,
windshield still looking awesome, no bubbles,
long wait but worth the money.
had it for more than 2yrs i think.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used sun busters in Tustin. They did a good job, and were reasonable.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:03 PM

i have a guy who did my tint. came to my house and my moms, sisters, and my car back in summer. no issues yet.

i think he did my side windows, whole front windsheild and rear window for about 180?

let me know if you want his info, he doesnt have a shop and just comes out and does it.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by ValleyBoy
In your area no but my boy Peter over at the well known California Tint in temple city/ rosemead has always taken care of my cars plus hundreds of others and shop cars.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by barrybaok
California tint FTW,
windshield +sides for $130 or something forgot,
got a ticket for the sides, removed,
windshield still looking awesome, no bubbles,
long wait but worth the money.
had it for more than 2yrs i think.
I have a dark tint, never been pulled over for it. Also, I don't have a front license plate. I guess since the last owner was a firefighter they probably let him off for it. I guess I do drive with the windows down most the time

*EDIT* Make sure you don't use windex or any other type of ammonia window cleaner on your tint, it will ruin it.

Quick Reply: where do u go for window tint?