Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

****S2000 VS Evolution X comparison****

Old 11-14-2009, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice and accurate review.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:11 PM

Thanks I tried to be as partial as possible.

Traded in the X just over 2 weeks ago to get the wifey in something else (out of the Element and into an Accord) so no more boosted AWD for me . At least we have two reliable cars and wifey can hold everyone in hers

I am now driving a 2010 Dyno Blue Si with/Nav.... Its WAAAAAAY slower then the X, but actually has a nicer interior and things dont seem so cheap...LOL
Old 11-17-2009, 07:55 PM

i went from a s2k to an evox. no regrets here. i do miss the s2k on a nice sunny day tho.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by neveronlines2k,Nov 17 2009, 08:11 PM

Traded in the X just over 2 weeks ago to get the wifey in something else (out of the Element and into an Accord) so no more boosted AWD for me . At least we have two reliable cars and wifey can hold everyone in hers

I am now driving a 2010 Dyno Blue Si with/Nav.... Its WAAAAAAY slower then the X, but actually has a nicer interior and things dont seem so cheap...LOL
Same here. The seats in the Si are way comfortable and the bolsters are still very aggressive. I fine myself missing my evo more and more though.

Oh well, maybe in a few years i'll pick up a FT86 or the subaru cousin.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:03 PM

I'll be getting rid of my evo soon. Hondas may be slower, but at least they're more reliable and in all reality they are more fun (at least to me).
Old 11-19-2009, 02:34 PM

I use to beat on my VIII all day i thought it had a solid engine. I love both cars. My dream Evo for DD CR for track/weekend. Dam allready got rid of the 10 for a civic si.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:49 PM

Id just like to thank John (neveronlines2k) for making this wonderful thread This has gotten me to seriously consider comparing the STIs against the EVO X for Monica's next car
Thanks John!!
Old 11-19-2009, 03:54 PM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by neveronlines2k,Nov 17 2009, 08:11 PM

:NinjaEdit:
Why did you get rid of the X????
Old 11-22-2009, 07:19 PM

^^^Thanks glad you appreciate this thread!!!! it almost got off track a bit ago, but it thanks to some other enthusiasts it was saved and continued on.

I did not want to get rid of the X, though I do have to admit I was getting tired of going to the dealership for liitle repairs and stuff (3 recalls and some stereo issues...nothing major, but still frustrating). My wife and I are having our first kid together and I thought I was just going to hang on to the ten and useit when the entire family was going out together (since her Element only sat 4 peeps). Then I started thinking (nothing good ever comes from that....LOL) about the upkeep of the ten (Tires, t-case, 2 diffs, and trans and oil) its somewhat pricey to maintain. Not to mention a few months ago we found out my wifes company was sold and she would be out of a job soon after going on maternity leave . So we (or I) decided to get her into a bigger car that better suited the 3 kids and the 2 of us + I wanted to lower her monthly payment (we had to roll over a few thousand to get her the element, and it was still upside down since it was only 13 months old). The only way I could do it was to trade the evo (I put a lot down plus the trade of my S2K so I was far from upside down on the X). Basically I traded the Evo and Element to wash eachother out and pick up the Accord. Then I bought the Si for myself (also considered a WRX).

I love the fact I have an actual trunk that can fit stroller and stuff for the baby (the Evo's trunk is almost the same as the S2000), and the Si is more reliable and feels more solid the the X. out of all of them I miss the S the most, but the brute power and TQ of the ten was a lot of fun its just a shame the X has a lot of little gremlins that come out quite often

Now iof I could only get rid of the HKS Legamax exhaust and UIC piping I have that would be fantastic...LOL

Sorry for the long post
Old 11-22-2009, 08:15 PM

Sorry that you've had so many issues with your X. How did you go through a transfer case and 2 differentials?

Been running 342awhp for the last 12K miles on the stock clutch with no issues whatsoever. The whole interior thing is kinda moot with the Evo. It was never known for a "nice" interior. It was the furthest thing on my mind getting this car. And believe me, I like nice interiors...but this car is strictly business like the S2K. I'll gladly take the hopped up performance upgrades for a nice interior any day, thanks.

Don't know about you, for me a Civic Si better have more than a nicer interior for me to consider one.

To me it sounds like the consumables on the X was killin' ya.

Quick Reply: ****S2000 VS Evolution X comparison****