Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2006 B7 Audi A4 2.0T

Old 05-02-2008, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2006 B7 Audi A4 2.0T

Like the title said, I'm in the market for my next car, I have been looking at some 06' A4, 06 G35X. I like both car, but A4 seems to be more refined and solid. I know it has less power than the G35X, but it will give me a better gas mileage.
I have heard many people complaining about the reliability of Audi cars, Is there anyone on the forum that has some first hand experience with the B7 A4s?
Thank you!

See the last post for update!
Old 05-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Site Moderator

Received 2,628 Likes on 1,925 Posts

Had a B6 A4, absolutely loved it and miss it. No issues at all for the 3+ years, would certainly get another one.

Not a fan of the G sedan though.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:29 PM

Have one, in S-Line trim. It's very reliable, reasonably quick, ZERO problems. Local Audi dealership even covers cost of all fluids for me and gives me free carwashes.

My complaints:
-Ergonomics are slightly funny around the driver side door for me. When I have the seat at the right position for me, the door arm rest is too far forward, my elbow hits the B pillar.
-Ass end 'drags' in. If you turn really close to a corner, the path the back wheel takes is a lot further in to the corner than the path the front wheels take. Makes it tricky for me to cram the car into compact car spots.
-Turbo lag + auto box = slightly tricky to inch up in a parking spot. As you press the gas, nothing nothing nothing JUMP.

All in all I really like it. I'd take it over the G sedan. It's super comfy, easy to drive, great on long trips, has lots of little creature comforts.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:54 PM

Thank you for all the replies, now I feel more confident to purchase my first Audi ever. I am just scared after hear all the people told me how terrible Audi's reliability is, but I guess all their experience apply to earlier models.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:03 PM

Audi has gotten a lot better
Old 05-03-2008, 04:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're on our third Audi in about 7 years.

First one, a B5 S4, ran like a champ even after 6 years and 74k miles. No problems other than normal wear and tear items (shocks and brakes).

Second one, a TT 3.2 DSG, was a different story with electrical issues, lifter and cam failure at 1600 miles, 42 days in shop in two and a half years - I believe it was just a lemon that I dealt with too long. Finally got Audi to take it back and get me into another Audi (as a part of the deal). Great customer service through the dealer that supported me on this.

Third one, a B7 A4 Avant SLine Ti Pkg with 2.0T and 6 spd manual, has been a great, great car. Love the looks, the utility, the flexible motor that sips gas (avg 25-26 mpg per fill-up with a heavy foot and a mix of city/hwy). I got the Audi Serivce plan that covers all maintenance for the first 4 years or 50k miles.

I have had tiptronic 2.0T A4's as a loaner car and I can attest to the "nothing, nothing, nothing, jump!" However, it does not take long to get used to it. Definitely not a deal break trait, but it is worth mentioning.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:00 AM

Thank you all for the great information!

MrClean: That is a sexy Avant!! Nice car!
Old 05-03-2008, 12:21 PM

Beautiful avant.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:05 PM

I bought at 2006 CPO A4 2.0T Q MT about a month ago. I wanted something in the mid-$20k price range with either rear or all-wheel drive. I looked at the G35 sedan, BMW 325i, and the A4. They're all nice cars and have their pros and cons so you should try to drive them all.

I'm really happy with my Audi and have had no problems so far. A couple of things to keep in mind: If you get a 2006 you'll get free service up to 45k miles. The 2.0T is very easy to modify--250hp is just an ecu re-flash away. If you get the 2006 CPO, you'll get the original new car warranty that lasts 2 more years or to 50k miles, plus you get another 2 years or to 100k miles.

One last thing, do your homework on the different option packages that Audi offers on the A4. Like most German cars, there are a lot of options and Audi seems to change them every year. This'll help you know what to look for so you don't get home and realize that you didn't get something that you thought you were getting.
Ask me how I know

http://www.audiworld.com/model/

Good luck with your purchase!
Old 05-03-2008, 04:30 PM

^Thank you so much!
The one I am looking at right now is a CPO 06 with S-line, Navi, and Tech package. It has 27k miles, they are asking for $29.5k plus Taxes, Title and fees. I already talk it down to $30765 out the door. what do you guys think of this deal? Should I hold on to it and see?

Quick Reply: 2006 B7 Audi A4 2.0T