Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2008 Honda Accord Coupe

Old 09-29-2007, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does this have to do with benchracing? I've SEEN the car in person and played with the controls and felt the seating and if anyone still thinks the Accord is a HUGE improvement after seeing one in person, they're a Honda fanboy, pure and simple!
After taking a test drive with it, the Sonata, Fusion, Camry, and even the current 07 Accord, the new one is NOT an improvement at all outside of the extra power. The controls on the dash aren't as user friendly, the seats are not bolstered as well to fit fat American arses, exterior design looks like some rental Taurus mixed with a potpourri of cars ranging from said Taurus, 5 Series, tC, etc.. Just another bland appliance that's overpriced and overhyped because of that H badge.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well hey, if you dont like the Accord then dont bother. Im not trying to convince you.

I dont think you actually tested the new Accords based on your statements but i could care less.

Just cause some of us have a preference towards Honda because of past reliability and overall track record, more power towards us. For you, go buy your Ford.

And if you think the Accord has the lines of a Taurus, you seriously need to get your eyes checked.

The Accord is built specifically for the US market. If your ass doesnt fit, your way over weight... more so than the generally over weight american fat ass.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like this new Accord coupe, much better-looking than the old ones.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:51 AM

[QUOTE=slipper,Sep 30 2007, 01:17 AM] Well hey, if you dont like the Accord then dont bother.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:48 AM

big disappointment for me. I had high hopes for accord, but once again Honda doesnt step up with a dynamic change. It seems dynamic changes in styling have not been in the company cutlure at Honda, but there's more competition than ever in accord's segment and competitors are stepping up design wow factor.
For the first time, in a LONG time....my next car wont be a Honda. However, I do currently own 3 Honda automobiles.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by DouglaS2000,Sep 28 2007, 02:08 PM
I think we have too many Honda fanbois on this site, the new Accord in both sedan and coupe styles are BLAND bland blaaand, like a rental car bland. This just shows me that fanboism knows no bounds. I bet if the new Accord coupe had a Ford badge on it, everyone here would be bashing it for the ugly yet boring design it is.. And the pricetag, cresting $30k! Will be a cold day in hell before I'm dumb enough to drop that kind of money on an Accord..

Like I've heard someone say, "the Accord, it's as ugly as me cussing in church!"
Will you shut up with the fanboi stuff? Looks are subjective, and I personally find this coupe to be quite nice-looking with a hint of G35C lines and without looking over the top. So yeah, shut up! Not everyone's going to agree on looks.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DouglaS2000,Sep 30 2007, 09:51 AM
Haha, you're a comedian, can you please go and reREAD what I wrote. I said the seats in the new Accord LACK bolster, hence it's made for too many FAT American asses, I never said it it was too small or whatever you somehow THOUGHT I wrote. I slide around in the new Accord seats because it's WAAAY to wide and flat. And if you think I am somehow overweight, more so than the flat unsupportive Accord seats can fit, then how would I even fit into my S2000? I just ask you a favor and THINK, maybe use some common sense.

And are you retarded? You must've been under a rock for the past few years, Honda's stellar reliability record is no longer what it once was. Look at the recall rates of all the new Hondas, it's catching up to the domestic makes! You are a Honda fanboy pure and simple. I've owned 9 Hondas up to this date so I have NO bias against Honda as I do recognize they HAD a great track record. But with the last couple designs and the build quality going down, I'm not enough of a fanboy like you to just blindly give praise to a bland/boring car just because it has an H badge. Your attitude is just as arrogant as American Honda.

And I think everyone already knows that this Accord platform is built just for the U.S., don't try spouting off information that I think everyone knows.

And further proof that you lack reading comprehension, I never said the Accord had the lines of a Taurus, I just said it was just as bland and as large as it.

But go buy your Accord and enjoy, people who can think for themselves and have an open mind will look at other options.. be it Ford, GM, Toyota, Mazda, etc.

Have a good day..
"the seats are not bolstered as well to fit fat American arses"

"exterior design looks like some rental Taurus with a potpourri of cars ranging from said Taurus, 5 Series, tC, etc.

Its not my fault your grammar sucks and you fail to get your point across properly.

Honda has its share of recalls, im not doubting this. But this occurs on a much more frequent basis with almost all other makes. Honda is consistently on top of the charts in reliability polls. I hardly consider Honda a manufacturer on the same level as Ford, GM , Toyota, and Mazda. Everytime i see a recall for a Honda, its from something minuscule such as a simple lighting recall or improper installation or a simple part. Toyota has consistently had multiple occurrences of major head gasket work or complete engine replacement since the 90's. Nissan is now a major player after their near bankruptcy, but its their second major recall as of late for complete engine replacement due to possible engine fire. I don't need to go into details with Ford or GM. I hope your not saying you would consider Ford or GM over Honda because of reliability reasons.

Its obvious that you do not prefer the Accord and Honda as a whole. Do yourself a favor and buy a Ford. I'll be more than happy for you.

Enough with the fan boy talk. You've beaten the word fan boy to a bloody pulp. Do yourself a favor and think of another word, will ya?

And BTW your the only one here exhibiting arrogance and attitude.

End of the discussion on reliability, fanboyism, GM, Ford, Toyota, and Mazda.

Back on topic with the Accord Coupe.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:56 AM

i like the new accord
Old 10-01-2007, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by MULDER,Sep 27 2007, 06:26 AM
and it comes without that wierd rev-hanging system that plagues the other current Hondas (such as the new Si.... I can't stand how those revs just hang there)
this is the first I've heard of this--- does the new Accord not have DBW / drive by wire, which is what I've understood to be the root of the rev-hanging and throttle lag issues?

for that matter, do any of the DBW S2000 owners (06+, as I recall) have any gripes? The current Civic Si seems to have a number of complaints re: this
Old 10-01-2007, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by kumainu,Sep 30 2007, 07:02 PM
Will you shut up with the fanboi stuff? Looks are subjective, and I personally find this coupe to be quite nice-looking with a hint of G35C lines and without looking over the top. So yeah, shut up! Not everyone's going to agree on looks.
Hey princess, this is an internet forum so I think that I'm allowed to voice my opinions as much as you. And it seems that you are a fanboy since you're so annoyed and offended by it.. Why don't follow your own advice and stfu..

Quick Reply: 2008 Honda Accord Coupe