Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2016, er, 2017 Acura NSX aimed at Ferrari 458 for the price of Audi R8

Old 12-10-2015, 07:49 PM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

But, Rob, I can't help but laugh a little at your post because YOU'RE hanging right there with him. Haha. You, Marioshi, and a few others are no less guilty of not being able to let it go.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:44 AM

Received 383 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
It's amazing how John just keep going. He must be an energizer bunny running on Duracell batteries.

It's all been said John. You can harp on the GT 350 all you want but if numb steering in the steering ratio is a major concern I'm at a loss. They brought a flat plane crank V8 and carbon fiber wheels on a production car to the market at a phenomenal price. There have been a few comments about its weight but the Mustang is not a lightweight supercar nor is it a lightweight Miata. It is darn fast on the track though. Anyone who's complained about the weight seems to be out of touch with what the Mustang is. It's not an ultra light car.

As for everyone's comments about the NSX it seems to me that it's not enough of one thing to justify the price. It is a collection of interesting technology and it is a Honda. But it doesn't execute on a complete package like the original NSX it. This puts it in a peculiar place that's already been filled in the marketplace by simpler technology.

I'll leave others to keep debating this with you. The NSX will flop on sales figures.
Yes it will flop, no doubt.

Pobst seems to like the 350 very well, he even said to not drive the R because you're f@#ked if your aim was to buy the regular 350.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.
But, Rob, I can't help but laugh a little at your post because YOU'RE hanging right there with him. Haha. You, Marioshi, and a few others are no less guilty of not being able to let it go.
I don't agree. One person has a defend Honda at all costs mantra. He is either paid by Honda to run his mouf on forums (NDA perhaps? I have signed a few in the firearms industry), or has some serious mental issues.

The others, if the car was truly great, well I'd think they'd state so. QuickAG has the money to buy a NSX, and I don't mean that in an insulting way, he's got a few pricey vehicles and spends plenty of time at the track driving said cars. (They aren't garage queens for starbucks and cars and coffee). So using him as an example (Sorry Quick), he is the target demographic for this new NSX and he sees right through it as much as the rest of us do. I don't have bias, owned a lot of Hondas and Acuras, 4 and 2 wheelers. Even my mowing equipment (which is soon to be sold off, bye-bye grass) is Honda. If Honda makes something worth the coin, I'd be the first to state so (well 2nd, there is always jonboyz), but this car is a mess. A bunch of current and previous S2000 owners, RSX owners, NSX owners, Civic owners, TL, etc, etc, well we know what big H is capable of, and they've been missing that mark for over a decade now. They have lost their way. They have become Toyota but even Toyota paired up with Subaru and made an affordable drivers car. Needs more power, but at least they have a RWD coupe, that handles well, in their lineups. Same can't be said for Honda. And this NSX was supposed to be a step back in the right direction for them but it isn't. Another fail. Sorry.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:03 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower' timestamp='1449776060' post='23824771
For the time it took for the car to come out and the price I expected more. I already tried an AWD, 500 hp, 3800 pound fast as balls car with numb steering feel and polarizing looks. It's called the GT-R and it came out 7 years ago and was 75K when released.
That's why Honda made a 600 hp AWD car with better looks and better handling.
Wow 50 more HP for 150K more, what a bargain. The Nismo GT-R with 600 hp, 3800 pounds and a 150K price tag came out a few years ago, LOL. I'd be surprised if the NSX will outhandle or perform the Nismo either. Honda missed the market by say 3 years.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:19 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Wow 50 more HP for 150K more, what a bargain. The Nismo GT-R with 600 hp, 3800 pounds and a 150K price tag came out a few years ago, LOL. I'd be surprised if the NSX will outhandle or perform the Nismo either. Honda missed the market by say 3 years.
I look forward to watching you eat crow.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:39 AM

Received 404 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.' timestamp='1449809341' post='23825174
I don't agree. One person has a defend Honda at all costs mantra. He is either paid by Honda to run his mouf on forums (NDA perhaps? I have signed a few in the firearms industry), or has some serious mental issues.

The others, if the car was truly great, well I'd think they'd state so. QuickAG has the money to buy a NSX, and I don't mean that in an insulting way, he's got a few pricey vehicles and spends plenty of time at the track driving said cars. (They aren't garage queens for starbucks and cars and coffee). So using him as an example (Sorry Quick), he is the target demographic for this new NSX and he sees right through it as much as the rest of us do. I don't have bias, owned a lot of Hondas and Acuras, 4 and 2 wheelers. Even my mowing equipment (which is soon to be sold off, bye-bye grass) is Honda. If Honda makes something worth the coin, I'd be the first to state so (well 2nd, there is always jonboyz), but this car is a mess. A bunch of current and previous S2000 owners, RSX owners, NSX owners, Civic owners, TL, etc, etc, well we know what big H is capable of, and they've been missing that mark for over a decade now. They have lost their way. They have become Toyota but even Toyota paired up with Subaru and made an affordable drivers car. Needs more power, but at least they have a RWD coupe, that handles well, in their lineups. Same can't be said for Honda. And this NSX was supposed to be a step back in the right direction for them but it isn't. Another fail. Sorry.
I would be a potential buyer for this car if it delivered, but it's not looking likely at this point based on the reviews that have surfaced to date. I really don't think I'm in the target demographic. They seem to be targeting someone who wants a fancy, sophisticated glorified AWD Prius with 570hp to use as a daily driver. Honda has completely lost their way and are only good at churning out good, reliable, rolling appliances.

I think Toyota will scoop Honda up in a few years and merge it into their Scion division.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
I think Toyota will scoop Honda up in a few years and merge it into their Scion division.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:42 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
I would be a potential buyer for this car if it delivered, but it's not looking likely at this point based on the reviews that have surfaced to date. I really don't think I'm in the target demographic. They seem to be targeting someone who wants a fancy, sophisticated glorified AWD Prius with 570hp to use as a daily driver. Honda has completely lost their way and are only good at churning out good, reliable, rolling appliances.

What does it need to deliver to satisfy you, specifically?
Old 12-11-2015, 10:13 AM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.' timestamp='1449809341' post='23825174

So the guy with the conspiracy theory about someone on a forum who also happens to have NDAs with several gun manufacturers is calling someone else crazy? Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot.

I'm totally kidding about the gun thing. I am way pro 2A. I'm just being hyperbolic to bust your chops.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:22 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower' timestamp='1449853382' post='23825525
I look forward to watching you eat crow.
I've got no skin in the game either way. If the NSX can't top the Nismo GT-R which was designed 3+ years ago for the same price I'll laugh my ass off.